How many bearded pygmys?

Matthew

I am getting a 24X18X24high exo-terra terrarium and was wandering how many bearded pygmys I can safely put in the terrarium? and are the bearded pygmys a good first pygmy to start with or should i go with another type?I had jacksons and Quadracornis about 6 years ago but havent had any thing since then. know want to get back into chameleons but dont have much space and really like the little guys.any help would be much appreciated. thank you very much.
Matthew

Hi Matthew,

I am definitely not expert and just a beginner pygmy cham keeper. I am keeping 2.1 pygmys in a terrarium (17 x 12 x 8 inches) with a pot of plant and some branches. They are paceful except first few days. :) hopefully, it can help.

Patrick, nine months ago I bought three young brevicaudatus, hoping for one male and two females. However, I ended up with two males and one female. They stayed together for some time, but at about four months of age the males were obviously stressing each other. One was always dark and was the underdog when they would have gaping matches. So he is now a bachelor with his own tank, and the dominant male and the female live together in peace. I would seriously consider separating the males.

Thank you every one for the feed back. It was very helpfull. Cant wait to get my setup and get some brevs.

Back
Top Bottom