How long does it take for a panther chameleon to get its colors

BillB

I have a male panther that was 4 months old when I purchased him last October . When I got him he was green with a white stripe down the sides. His father was yellow and red with a white stripe down the sides. He is now over a year old and has not changed color from when I got him. Even when I get him out of his cage which tends to stress him out a little and put him on a ficus tree outdoors he still doesn't show any color.

From what I understand it can take up to possibly a year and a half to achieve there full potential color wise. However at his age he should be showing something.

Fill out the asking for help questionarre and post some pics. If he's not showing colors yet than something is amiss! They usually are very bright by 8 months but keep changing as they age.

20160706_180619.jpg
2015-10-08 18.29.41.jpg

Horizontal picture is when I got him last October
Vertical picture is now
I question sex because there is no pronounced bump at base of tail or any color but Bruce at Chameleon Paradise says it is a boy

The panther in my profile pic is from Chameleon Paradise. Bruce is great, I honesty thought mine was female at first but Bruce was right and he grew into a beautiful Cham.

I know that a few months ago mine got an eye infection and for a month or so his colors were very dull. But he brightened back up.

In the picture I see some beautiful blues in him. Do you know his Sire? Do you have more pictures of him now?

BRUCE is very down to earth n he always have lots best looking chameleons,I will say,let him grow ,he sure will be a great looking cham like his Sire,it can take up to 18months for a cham to show all his true color,if he is a year old,why not wait another 8more month,since u already raise him all these time,dont give up on him!!

I'm not giving up on him - I am just wondering why I see people post pictures of their Panther Chameleons @ 7 months that are showing lots of color and mine is still basically the same as when I got him a year ago and he doesn't look a thing like his sire. His father is 24K and is yellow with red and has bluish stripes and a white line down the sides. I have the white stripe but he is basically as green as an iguana . He is as healthy as can be - roams around the cage and eats great. I just wish he would get some color .

The panther in my profile pic is from Chameleon Paradise. Bruce is great, I honesty thought mine was female at first but Bruce was right and he grew into a beautiful Cham.

I know that a few months ago mine got an eye infection and for a month or so his colors were very dull. But he brightened back up.

In the picture I see some beautiful blues in him. Do you know his Sire? Do you have more pictures of him now?
2016-07-07 18.12.56.jpg

2016-07-07 18.13.27.jpg
2015-10-31 11.13.20.jpg
the colorful one is his dad

I see some very pretty blues and the beginnings of some yellows in the other picture. Someone can correct me if I'm wrong but I think yellows take a bit longer to show vividly. This picture looks like he's putting on his PJ's and getting ready for bed. Mine goes close to that same color at night. Some do take longer some do early. I'm not really sure what makes the difference. It's a great question though. I'm sure he'll come into his own soon. It will be fun to see when he does. Have you thought about posting the answers to the "how to ask for help" thread? Just a thought, it's always good to check that all is good on husbandry. Sometimes others can see something we don't realize we were a little off on.

I do think he's pretty. 24k is a gorgeous breader, I'm sure he'll color up and be stunning.

Also, has he ever fired up for you? It took mine(the one in my profile pic) 2 years before I saw him really fired up. And that was when I had to take him to the vet and he got a bit man handled. There was not a single bit of his normal colors when he was mad. He went totally yellow and orange. The pic of 24k there looks a little fired up.

Also, has he ever fired up for you? It took mine(the one in my profile pic) 2 years before I saw him really fired up. And that was when I had to take him to the vet and he got a bit man handled. There was not a single bit of his normal colors when he was mad. He went totally yellow and orange. The pic of 24k there looks a little fired up.
He has never fired up - I have even tried using a mirror to see if he would

Back
Top Bottom