how is it so far

wyattroa

Just wondering if you can give me some suggestions so far about what to do to the setup. I am thinking I need more cover at the top. This is going to be for a 4.5month panther. The temp in the middle is around 70-75. The temp in the basking spot is 85. Humidity is currently at 72 after a misting. I am also going to be putting in a feeder cup. Now that I look at it, the top seems very bare. Would fake vines be a good thing to fill it in with>?
IMG_2228.jpg

Just wondering if you can give me some suggestions so far about what to do to the setup. I am thinking I need more cover at the top. This is going to be for a 4.5month panther. The temp in the middle is around 70-75. The temp in the basking spot is 85. Humidity is currently at 72 after a misting. I am also going to be putting in a feeder cup. Now that I look at it, the top seems very bare. Would fake vines be a good thing to fill it in with>?

it looks alright. the plant seems somewhat awkward jmo. would he be able to hide in it? heres what i just did for my 4 month old panther https://www.chameleonforums.com/new-setup-again-39308/

For aesthetic purposes (not sure if you care about that at all lol) I would get rid of the whole hook and whatever is attached to the pot if you're not actually hanging it.

We have a small pothos at the bottom of our enclosure then a small ficus that Shooter (ambilobe) loves to sleep in on the right side and an umbrella tree on the left. We didn't want it completely cluttered. We also went to Michael's Craft Store and found a cheap vine that we draped from the back right corner to the front left corner that he loves to bask on. The branch-looking vines that are in there change a bit from time to time because we take everything out about once a week to clean out his enclosure but we try to put it all back as best as we can.

I would look into a different position for the thermometer as well, maybe outside of the enclosure. Not so sure I would tie it onto the branch he will be walking on/basking on. We used velcro and attached ours to the corner of the enclosure. Once again, we're big into things looking nice and neat, so that helps a lot. The thermometer we have slides onto the top of our light fixture.

Everyone has their own way of doing things ya know? I am in no way trying to tell you how you should do yours, but I figure a picture and description may help in giving you some extra ideas! I have no idea WHY the picture is sideways!!! Our enclosure is 18 x18 x 36 high.

Attachments

• SAM_0722.jpg
    SAM_0722.jpg
    267.6 KB · Views: 73
For aesthetic purposes (not sure if you care about that at all lol) I would get rid of the whole hook and whatever is attached to the pot if you're not actually hanging it.

We have a small pothos at the bottom of our enclosure then a small ficus that Shooter (ambilobe) loves to sleep in on the right side and an umbrella tree on the left. We didn't want it completely cluttered. We also went to Michael's Craft Store and found a cheap vine that we draped from the back right corner to the front left corner that he loves to bask on. The branch-looking vines that are in there change a bit from time to time because we take everything out about once a week to clean out his enclosure but we try to put it all back as best as we can.

I would look into a different position for the thermometer as well, maybe outside of the enclosure. Not so sure I would tie it onto the branch he will be walking on/basking on. We used velcro and attached ours to the corner of the enclosure. Once again, we're big into things looking nice and neat, so that helps a lot. The thermometer we have slides onto the top of our light fixture.

Everyone has their own way of doing things ya know? I am in no way trying to tell you how you should do yours, but I figure a picture and description may help in giving you some extra ideas! I have no idea WHY the picture is sideways!!! Our enclosure is 18 x18 x 36 high.

wow you were able to fit a bunch in that cage. It is the same size as mine. I have the temp monitor there just to see how the temps are doing. The door is not even on the front of the cage yet.

I will look at those plants at our local garden shop. I was thinking the panther would have a hard time climbing in the pothos, but so many people suggest it.
Robert

Shooter never goes in the pothos. We really just put it in there to help provide humidity. He spends most of the day on the vine that is from corner to corner and the umbrella tree. He sleeps in the ficus.

Once that pothos grows out it will provide a lot more vines. See the pic. This is after about 6 months and the pothos was close to the same size as yours.

Last edited:
I just noticed you have the pothos propped up on a shoe box. I don't know how well that will hold up when it gets wet. If I were you I'd ditch the shoe box, hang the pothos (or just leave it on the ground like we do) and maybe pick up a tall live plant or two.

I just noticed you have the pothos propped up on a shoe box. I don't know how well that will hold up when it gets wet. If I were you I'd ditch the shoe box, hang the pothos (or just leave it on the ground like we do) and maybe pick up a tall live plant or two.

LOL.. good eye! Those are two boxes.. Those will not be the final thing. I am looking into a planter to set it on. This is all the mock up to see how it looks and where to put things, the door is still off and the temp cord is hanging out where the door will be. Still not sure if I will increase the hight of the pothos or not. From the pictures of others enclosures with it, they seem to grow real well towards the light. So moving it up might not be the best idea. I am going to look into another plant though.
Robert

I've been told terra cota pots are really great because they help keep humidity levels up. Our pothos is growing right up towards the lights if that helps in your decision at all. You could totally pull off the pothos at the bottom and some sort of taller tree. Good luck! Post more pictures when you start getting things situated!

Once that pothos grows out it will provide a lot more vines. See the pic. This is after about 6 months and the pothos was close to the same size as yours.

is that wat they call i think its devils some thing i dont really remeber but i thought it was poisones if they eat alot of it:confused:

is that wat they call i think its devils some thing i dont really remeber but i thought it was poisones if they eat alot of it:confused:

Yes, it's the same plant. Shooter doesn't eat any of his live plants we have for him. But according to this website's plant data base it is completely safe.

Back
Top Bottom