How high is too high?

The Sansi LED plant lights are on another level! On paper the difference is 96 watts for the 4 HO T5 bulbs compared to 140 watts for the 2 Sansi fixtures. There is a lot more light than the 44 watt difference would indicate.
That's be LED vs. fluorescent—even T5HO.
Wow, I thought one would have been enough for a 24 x 24 x 48.
I have 2, but my enclosure is twice the size.
Your plants are going to GROW! :)

One just didn't seem to throw enough light throughout the enclosure. I was worried the dracaena at the bottom wasn't getting enough light. It is now!

Also got sneaky and mounted a wyze cam in an outdoor mount inside the enclosure. That way hopefully the little future inhabitant will thing its normal and not be bothered by it.
2CAA8E2BEEBB_1627163925067.png

Yeah that's the only thing. No way to really stop him from climbing on it because of the power cord. Although I'm hoping the cord itself won't seem sturdy enough to climb on.

Yeah that's the only thing. No way to really stop him from climbing on it because of the power cord. Although I'm hoping the cord itself won't seem sturdy enough to climb on.
He will. They climb on flexible vines. When mine falls, it's usually because of a vine or leaf that won't support his weight anymore (but used to when he was littler).

That's one reason I figure I will have to remove smaller branches and add bigger ones over time. I'm already mulling over an outdoor enclosure for natural UVB exposure and indoor enclosure maintenance. For the proper times of year of course.

Set up the Little Dripper this afternoon. Could have rigged something up but considering all the DIY on this enclosure I figured what the heck! One mod I made was to add a second valve that's for a drip irrigation system. That let's me fine tune the drip. Currently I have it at a drip about every 25 seconds which would be less than 3 a minute.
https://www.lowes.com/pd/Raindrip-0-25-in-Barbed-Drip-Irrigation-On-Off-Valve/50277403
20210725_134149.jpg
20210725_134201.jpg

Back
Top Bottom