How far pregnant?

That might mean starving her for a bit- would that be okay? Should I, like, pull the legs off of a few crickets and put them in there with her?

I have to say, those pictures are beautiful. It reminds me of artistic pregnant photography, the way she is posing with her big belly :)

Hehe, thanks, she does sort of have the thoughtful gaze of an expectant mother.
180132_191697070862391_100000662979088_511355_699605_n.jpg

She probably wont be eating much if she's ready to lay. I would offer something that wont bite her. Maybe some roaches or soft worms. She will be fine for a few days without food though.

Mkay. She has been eating lately, though. Ate three crickets this morning. Do you think that means that she is not ready to lay?

Has she been eating less? My girl was as round as a balloon and still ate, just not as much. I have a thread about her with pictures of how big she was.

Arg, the temptation to look is killing me! I can hear some scraping coming from her tub. If only I had a remote webcam to use!

Well, at the end of the day I checked in on her and she hadn't actually done any digging. I guess what I was hearing was her trying to get out. So, I took the whole laying bin and put it back in her enclosure, because I had to let the cats inside the house on account of it being so cold tonight. I figure now she's familiarized herself with the laying bin, and that it's not quite time for her to lay yet. I'll give her a bit more time. Also, today I observed what looked like the start of gravid coloration- black with yellow splotches.

Help

We just got a female and male Jackson. We were told that she was prego. How can I tell? What should I be feeding her and how much? She seems to be very happy and still is eatting crickets well. Need any help I can get as I do not want to do any thing wrong to her.

Back
Top Bottom