how early can you sex a panther?

arnau666

Established Member
ok so i was thinking how do you sex panthers at early age - like 1-2 months
i know how to sex them by tail,base tail etc but with this young guys its very hard.
is there a 100% way to sex the youngester?
i ask this becose my valiha panthers arrive in the country but i need to be sure what are they before i get them.

I think the experienced breeders can see a difference at this age, but I don't think you can be 100% sure until around 3 months old. I might be wrong though ;)

I have sexed all my guys out of the egg with 100% accuracy (knock on wood). Sometimes I give them a day or two but usually I sex them as I remove them from the incubator.

There are kind of two 'dips' at the base of the tail for females, whereas males do not have that deep of a dip and instead it tapers out and once you know what you're looking for, it looks like an 'empty ball sac' like just the skin there is deflated, it takes up about 1/8th of the tail.

For me personally, the ones that are difficult to sex have always ended up females.

Can you post pics?

This is the best tutorial I have seen on it and is how I sex mine with 100% accuracy. I find most people look for the male bulge, but I find it's easier to check for the female dips IMO But as mentioned, some are definitely much more difficult than others. https://www.chameleonforums.com/how-sex-baby-panthers-33997/

The easiest way to sex babies right out of the egg is to get a nice clear photo of a profile shot and examine them that way. I have been able to take 33 babies within the 1st 2 -3 days after hatch and divide them up as male a female using this method with 100% accuracy. Its subtle on some and obvious for others but this way is much better than trying to see the bulge with your eyes while the baby is running up and down your arm, lol

I have sexed all my guys out of the egg with 100% accuracy (knock on wood). Sometimes I give them a day or two but usually I sex them as I remove them from the incubator.

There are kind of two 'dips' at the base of the tail for females, whereas males do not have that deep of a dip and instead it tapers out and once you know what you're looking for, it looks like an 'empty ball sac' like just the skin there is deflated, it takes up about 1/8th of the tail.

For me personally, the ones that are difficult to sex have always ended up females.

Can you post pics?

This is the best tutorial I have seen on it and is how I sex mine with 100% accuracy. I find most people look for the male bulge, but I find it's easier to check for the female dips IMO But as mentioned, some are definitely much more difficult than others. https://www.chameleonforums.com/how-sex-baby-panthers-33997/

I call that dip the V:rolleyes: Its a V shape if you look at the tail base from the bottom.

Sexing panthers is really easy. They can be sexed right out of the egg.

Back
Top Bottom