how does this setup look?

Purpur

my setup and my baby female cham, a veiled about one to two months old.

Attachments

• DSCN1743.jpg
    DSCN1743.jpg
    242.1 KB · Views: 171
  • DSCN1749.jpg
    DSCN1749.jpg
    236.5 KB · Views: 115
what are you using for a UVB bulb? basking bulb? what are the temps at the basking spot and near the bottom of the enclosure?
If thats a water dish at the bottom you need to remove it since the little fella could fall and drown in it. otherwise looks pretty good.. I'd add a little more foliage though for some more shade..
Congrats on the new guy, he's cute!

Agreed with the above but maybe add a live plant for some foliage. What size exo terra is thay be aide you will definently need a bigger one soon.

lighting-reptisun basking bulb 75 w
uvb- exo terra uvb 200 13 w bulb
temp- bottom of the cage is at 75-78, top of the cage is at about 84-89 and her basking spot is about 90 depending on the time of the day.

yes that is a bowl of h20-BUT it is only about 1/16th of an inch deep- it evaporates during the course of the day and I do not leave it in when she is unsupervised (eg at night). If she drowns in that, we got a problem :D

Ditto on removal of the bowl. Beyond the possible mishap of drowning, you don't want to bacteria potential of it there in the enclosure. Mist the enclosure for humidity. Bye Bye Bowly!!!!! Most definitely add more LIVE plants. The plants will additionally help w/ humidity and giving that cute little guy some places to hide and feel safe.

You can pick up a pathos super cheap at home depot or walmart, I got mine at walmart for 7.99. I got my weeping fig tree for 9.99 at home depot. Super cheap. If you find rough looking one, you can sometimes talk them down in price, then prune it and nurse it back to health. But pathos do really well, wish you lived closer, id give you cut off of mine!! Its growing out of control!!

I think it looks great. You can also buy the wood rods from walmart for 50 cents to a dollar in all widths, including very small for her little feet, they sell them in the craft section. They are long and wedge nicely for more places to perch.

i'm going to add plants in the spring- there just aren't any around here now and i don't want to order them...

Is that clear bottle top a feeding cup? If your cham is having trouble grasping cup feeding, try a solid color so it can only see from the top opening.

the basking temp sounds a bit high for a baby of that age, but if she is enjoying it than it cant be that bad :)

You might wanna get a second opinion on your uvb. I just purchased the same exo terra uvb 200 for my bearded dragon. The uvb 100 = a 5.0 and the uvb 150 = a 10.0, not sure what the uvb 200 would equal but it sounds around a 15.0. You have a small enclosure and that may be overpowering. I asked the forum a little while back if the exo terra uvb 200 would be safe for a chameleon and I got no answers. Hope this helps. You might be able to raise your UVB/Basking light off the screen to get proper UVB/lighting/heating, or if you could find someone with a solarmeter I would be interested in finding out exactly how much uvb that exo terra uvb 200 is cranking out.

She is cute! I'd try to get those temps down just a bit. Maybe a 60 watt basking bulb? Many home improvement stores will have a small indoor plant section and you could likely find a pothos vine there if you don't want to wait for spring. One idea for the bowl is to put a paper towel in it and that would make it easier to change and clean. The moisture would evaporate and you wouldn't have the other problems.

Back
Top Bottom