How does he look?

viperhdz4

I bought a blue bar ambilobe panther yesterday from a local shop. He's a year and a month old. My main concern is how he looking and seems dehydrated maybe? when i went to the shop the owner had him in the back with no lights on for him. i felt sorry for the little guy. i had to buy him and always been wanting a panther chameleon. so when i went back to go get him the owner had him outside in a screen mesh but.. it had some kind of zipper around it and it seemed like the sun wasnt really going through. today i gave him a bath or shower method for him to drink water from the plastic plant and sure enough for the whole time he was for about 20 minutes which is good right? here are some pictures of him.

if anyone has any advice please feel free to reply:)

Attachments

• IMG_4441.jpg
    IMG_4441.jpg
    233.3 KB · Views: 115
  • IMG_4446.jpg
    IMG_4446.jpg
    231.1 KB · Views: 99
  • IMG_4466.jpg
    IMG_4466.jpg
    242.1 KB · Views: 154
  • IMG_4474.jpg
    IMG_4474.jpg
    238.4 KB · Views: 101
Awe he is a handsome little guy.....I'm no expert but he doesn't really look dehydrated to me, but he could maybe bulk up a bit...the pads on his head are awfully flat....hopefully a senior member will weigh in....enjoy him :)

I bought a blue bar ambilobe panther yesterday from a local shop. He's a year and a month old. My main concern is how he looking and seems dehydrated maybe? when i went to the shop the owner had him in the back with no lights on for him. i felt sorry for the little guy. i had to buy him and always been wanting a panther chameleon. so when i went back to go get him the owner had him outside in a screen mesh but.. it had some kind of zipper around it and it seemed like the sun wasnt really going through. today i gave him a bath or shower method for him to drink water from the plastic plant and sure enough for the whole time he was for about 20 minutes which is good right? here are some pictures of him.

if anyone has any advice please feel free to reply:)

Yes, I'd agree he looks a little dehydrated (not terrible...his eye turrets look good). I'm sure he was thirsty, so glad you gave him the shower. As he settles into his new home let him drink as often as you can, either with showers or hand misting. If you see strings of clear saliva form as he's actively drinking, that's a sign of thirst. It should stop when he stops drinking. When he regains his moisture balance he'll probably not drink as much as that every day and you'll see his casque will look fuller. I also see some partial shedding on his legs. If he has trouble shedding that's also a sign of being too dry.

It could be that the owner took him outdoors every day rather than use indoor lighting. Most of us don't have that luxury all year. The zippered cage was probably a Reptarium. Many keepers use these for portable outdoor basking cages.

Check the forum's Resources tab. There is a very detailed cham care section that should get you off to a great start with him. He's lucky he found you (or you found him).

Back
Top Bottom