How do you know

Yes...I had a male veiled that reacted to the female with aggression...but I think he was really reacting to me or what I was wearing.

Yes...I had a Mel veiled that reacted to the female with aggression...but I think he was really reacting to me or what I was wearing.
Very interesting. What did you do? Just move him away? Did you try again with the same pair later?

I had to get him off her without either of them getting hurt. I did it but it was quick thinking and some luck.
They mated another day.

Honestly, with my calyptratus, pardalis, and xantholophus, I worry much more about the male getting tagged by the female. I’ve only ever seen females being aggressive during possible courtship...and they get rank! The boys are, well, boys! They just want to say whatever to get what they want. “Oh yeah, I’m into female veiled rights,” “sure I totally think pardalis gals’ look just as good as boys,” “of course your lack of horns doesn’t make you less impressive ms. Xanth.”

Honestly, with my calyptratus, pardalis, and xantholophus, I worry much more about the male getting tagged by the female. I’ve only ever seen females being aggressive during possible courtship...and they get rank! The boys are, well, boys! They just want to say whatever to get what they want. “Oh yeah, I’m into female veiled rights,” “sure I totally think pardalis gals’ look just as good as boys,” “of course your lack of horns doesn’t make you less impressive ms. Xanth.”
When your females were aggressive did they have their pretty receptive colors, or did they look more like that female in the video kinyonga posted where you could clearly tell they were not having it?

my 4 yr old male slammed into a female like a head butt when she crawled a cord to his cage ,he was gaping and I heard him hiss, I
removed her but he still gaped mouth open ... I was shocked cause he always looks for them when i take them out

my 4 yr old male slammed into a female like a head butt when she crawled a cord to his cage ,he was gaping and I heard him hiss, I
removed her but he still gaped mouth open ... I was shocked cause he always looks for them when i take them out
Was she receptive at that time?

yes, but I didn't want 51 babies, I didn't wait to see if that was his style of breeding, right now my girls are dieting to reduce those ridiculously large clutch sizes.

Back
Top Bottom