How do you have your feeder cups set up?

ChameleonBoss

Looking into the best way to use and set up a feeder cup, don't even mind doing a DIY feeder cup. Some pictures would give me a good idea on how to set one up.

I cant show a pic because my chams are already in bed, but I use an upside down pop bottle with the a big opening in it, and a screen glued on the back side for the crix/roaches to crawl up so they can get picked off - they are pretty common on here, I am sure someone will post a pic, if not I can show you in the am :) I use paperclips glued on the back to hang it, that way I can take it out and clean it

I cant show a pic because my chams are already in bed, but I use an upside down pop bottle with the a big opening in it, and a screen glued on the back side for the crix/roaches to crawl up so they can get picked off - they are pretty common on here, I am sure someone will post a pic, if not I can show you in the am :) I use paperclips glued on the back to hang it, that way I can take it out and clean it

My cham is 3months old, and i just got him to start feeding from his cup yesterday..

I use a milk jug cut deep enough the crickets dont jump out, but i leave the handle intact to hang it from. Ill get a picture when i get home but the milk jug has worked very well from me because if he is hanging out up high by his basking light, he can see right into the milk jug and see all the little guys running around.

I tried using a 2liter bottle with a hole cut on the side and turned upside, but even when the crickets climbed up the back part of the 2liter, he wouldnt dare eat from it.

Here is my feeder jug, as you can see Seagram is up top and he can see right into it.. I also got some husk off of one of my palm trees and used it to line the edge so he has something to grab onto.
A8222A33-633E-48B6-A4E2-89A4D6B66F3B-2845-0000015A3482604E_zps8bdb6eb5.jpg
[/URL]

Here is my feeder jug, as you can see Seagram is up top and he can see right into it.. I also got some husk off of one of my palm trees and used it to line the edge so he has something to grab onto.
A8222A33-633E-48B6-A4E2-89A4D6B66F3B-2845-0000015A3482604E_zps8bdb6eb5.jpg
[/URL]

I like that setup, does Seagram get on the Vine around the feeder cup to feed on the insects in the cup?

that looks very nice :) that is kinda how my baby feed cups are, but mine are the wide, short deli cups w/ a net bottom - about the only thing I could suggest would be sure if he were to get in, he can get out- I had one of the babies get into the feed cup, but was to short to get back out- lol I solved this by pointing the end of a vine so that it did not touch any of the sides, but poked down into the cup so the bugs can not get out ( I feed them roach nymph now too - dont want those lose ! :eek: ) but the cham can reach up and still grab it if needed - mine are baby Jax 4 mo old, so they are about the same size as your little guy - but that looks very nice - GREAT JOB :D

Thank you! Yes he climbs all over it, at first when i put it in he was a little wary, but now when i come in to feed in the morning.. He is sitting on it waiting. Ive only put that feeder in the last week so im happy he has taken to it so well!
I like that setup, does Seagram get on the Vine around the feeder cup to feed on the insects in the cup?

I can see what you mean, That is some good advice to consider! ill have to see if there is anthing i can put to make it easier to climb out.. As of right now the husk on the side is pretty sturdy and he latches onto it nicely.

that looks very nice :) that is kinda how my baby feed cups are, but mine are the wide, short deli cups w/ a net bottom - about the only thing I could suggest would be sure if he were to get in, he can get out- I had one of the babies get into the feed cup, but was to short to get back out- lol I solved this by pointing the end of a vine so that it did not touch any of the sides, but poked down into the cup so the bugs can not get out ( I feed them roach nymph now too - dont want those lose ! :eek: ) but the cham can reach up and still grab it if needed - mine are baby Jax 4 mo old, so they are about the same size as your little guy - but that looks very nice - GREAT JOB :D

I use a short deli cup, with a wood dowel glued on to the bottom in the middle. I then took another deli cup, and cut off the bottom so it was just a ring. I attached the ring to the door of my cage. The main cup can be lifted out and cleaned and put back into the ring. That way I can open the door and put in the crickets or roaches, and not have to reach into the cage to deal with it. My Finn has been using it since he was a little thing. :)

Caroline

This is the system I used with both my veileds since getting them, and the only eat from their "bowls"
I took a 2l ice cream container and cut out the bottoms. I covered the bottom with mesh so the containers don't retain water during mistings and and elevated them with sticks. I also added sticks inside so the chameleon can hunt inside the container, but the crics and bugs cannot escape

Attachments

• IMG-20130703-WA0000.jpg
    IMG-20130703-WA0000.jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 88
I let my chams hunt their crickets, but for worms and other feders I use a small deli cup. I put two holes in the side about an inch apart and use the holes to zip tie it to a branch. Works great

Back
Top Bottom