How do you get your feeders to actually eat greens?

Lt.WorfReportingForDuty

Established Member
Try as I might to gutload feeders on greens high in Calcium, I have had zero success. I have Dubias, BSFL, mealworms. They will eat pretty much all other gut loads but leafy greens. I will leave the bugs in the gut-load container with only the greens for about 24 hours but there are no bites/nibbles in the leaves. Anyone have tips? Should I prep them for feeding out more than 24 hours im advance so they get more desperate?? I’m losing my mind, lol.

Only my locusts will eat greens, ( leafy ones ) different feeders eat different things , as well as providing fresh fruit and vegetables, I also use miner all vit , but I also blend gutload ingredients, which include leafy greens , stick it in ice cube trays, once frozen pop it in bags labelled and dated ( as my fiancee doesn't like it accidentally in her cocktails) and my roaches seem to eat it this way ok

Only my locusts will eat greens, ( leafy ones ) different feeders eat different things , as well as providing fresh fruit and vegetables, I also use miner all vit , but I also blend gutload ingredients, which include leafy greens , stick it in ice cube trays, once frozen pop it in bags labelled and dated ( as my fiancee doesn't like it accidentally in her cocktails) and my roaches seem to eat it this way ok
Sorry I didn't explain why I do the frozen thing , sometimes, I cant always get the ingredients I want at the supermarket so I try to plan ahead, as you never know when the world will have the next break down, , and stuff isn't cheap , and goes off quickly, and I don't want food wasting unnecessarily, but is reasonably handy to defrost, a couple of minutes on tin foil over a cup of warm water , ( I don't use a microwave) or if your roaches are on a heat mat sorted then just in plastic dish

Sorry I didn't explain why I do the frozen thing , sometimes, I cant always get the ingredients I want at the supermarket so I try to plan ahead, as you never know when the world will have the next break down, , and stuff isn't cheap , and goes off quickly, and I don't want food wasting unnecessarily, but is reasonably handy to defrost, a couple of minutes on tin foil over a cup of warm water , ( I don't use a microwave) or if your roaches are on a heat mat sorted then just in plastic dish
Thanks! I’ll try this method.

My roaches will take a few nibbles from the various greens I give, but only if they have to. My crickets will eat the greens. I don’t worry much about it as I offer them a variety of fresh produce and a little

@Flick boy, I used the same method. My crickets ate so much they were all dead the next morning. I think I fed them too much! My grasshoppers devour fresh leafy greens and what ever I feed them. @Lt.WorfReportingForDuty I dont feed my feeders everyday. Ther are only fed 12 hours before feeding my Cham. So they are hungry when chow is served.

This is a great idea! Thanks for sharing

@Flick boy, I used the same method. My crickets ate so much they were all dead the next morning. I think I fed them too much! My grasshoppers devour fresh leafy greens and what ever I feed them. @Lt.WorfReportingForDuty I dont feed my feeders everyday. Ther are only fed 12 hours before feeding my Cham. So they are hungry when chow is served.
I really don't know how they ate themselves to death I keep my feeders properly fed all the time what did you feed them

I really don't know how they ate themselves to death I keep my feeders properly fed all the time what did you feed them
Even the crickets don't like my cooking🤣. I followed the visual aide with precentages posted on CF. Blended everything together, placed in ice cube trays. Either my crickets really loved it and ate themselves to death or once again I failed as a cook. I might be a really bad cook but I'm turning into a really good Cham mom. FYI - I'm only feeding my grasshoppers fresh foods, no more blending.🤣.

Back
Top Bottom