How do you get stuff attached to the metal screen cages?

Bruce Patterson

I am setting up my chameleon's permanent cage. I need to know how you get vines, rods, wood (the stuff they mainly climb on) to attach to the sides of the metal screen cages?

I use thumbtacks to attach horizontal branches- go through the screen and tack to the ends. I also use galvanized wire and zip ties.

Thank you FlchamMom. I am in the home stretch of getting the cage done but i need to make her basking spot higher. Thanks for the tips.

Magnets also work well :) I've set up several cages with magnetic ledges and vines - you can use the vines to tie up wood branches, and ledges to fix vines to the sides of the cages.

-Jen

I use everything that has been stated lol.. the green craft wire is good, i have some thumb tacks as well because my cages are covered in plastic for humidity.. i also use gorilla tape to put stuff together

I use heavy duty magnets that I got from lowes and used a hot glue gun to glue the magnet on to the plant, limb etc. works great!

Heavy duty fishing line never goes wrong.

NO holes in the screen, and even when I remove some sticks, there isn't any noticeable damage to the screen at all. Not even a budge in the wire.

Magnets work great! Just for clarification you attach one to the branch or vine then one on the outside of the cage to connect with the one attached to the branch or vine. The metal screen may not be enough to hold the magnet without having another on the outside.

i used zip ties which works GREAT, but after i did it all and thought about it magenets are the way to go. If i have to remove anything from the cage its going to be a pain.

Back
Top Bottom