How do you fix egg binding?

sparkyntu

ok I have been reading but can't find out how to tell if my female could have that problem. She is between 6 and 7 months old we didn't know they start that early. Any suggestions?
:confused:

Egg binding is easier to prevent than fix. If your husbandry is good unless there is some physical reason for it to happen, it shouldn't happen.

Make sure that your temperatures are good to allow for good digestion.
Make sure that you supplement properly and gutload/feed your insects well.
Don't overfeed her. Make sure that she drinks.
Make sure that the chameleon gets exposure to UVB that does not pass through glass or plastic.
Make sure you provide an appropriate place for the chameleon to lay the eggs and don't let her see you watching her when she's digging.

Physical/other reasons for eggbinding can include fused eggs, eggs that have grown too large to be laid, reproductive tract deformities, etc.

If the egglaying issue is caught soon enough, oxytocin might make the female lay the eggs. If that doesn't work and the female is truly eggbound then surgery to remove the eggs will be necessary.

ok thank you. uvb passes through screen. making her a place to lay now. what is oxytocin? can I get it at a pet store?

Back
Top Bottom