How do you dust your crickets?

Xyres

I ask this because mine always come out looking like a ghost. I have a new panther chameleon and I want to make sure that I am doing things right. I am using repashy and it just seems like a lot of the calcium sticks to the crickets.

The calcium does stick to the crickets. I put mine into s deep cup, put a tiny pinch of calcium in and shake. Use a tiny amount and if you don't think it's enough you can add a tiny bit more.:)

To properly dust crickets with calcium:

I recommend using a large glass jar. It will be easy to clean, and sturdy.

Add crickets.

Add tiny, miniscule amounts of powder, and swirl until they are coated.

You dont want any powder at the bottom of the jar.

If theres ANY excess powder, youve used too much. ;)

Feed the animal.

For the record, the calcium is supposed to stick to the crickets. thus the point of dusting them.

:rolleyes::D;)

Thanks everyone! And I know it is supposed to stick but I was fearful that I was using too much haha.

I use a set of 5 disposable solo cups, one for each dust. I usually just scoop out a pinch of whatever dust with whatever knife im carrying, and drop it in as needed. Just shake some crickets off the egg carton into the cup, give it a little Yahtzee shake action, and feed.

I ask this because mine always come out looking like a ghost. I have a new panther chameleon and I want to make sure that I am doing things right. I am using repashy and it just seems like a lot of the calcium sticks to the crickets.

I keep the bag that I get the crickets in. Once they are in their tote I will catch the amount I want to feed my chameleon and pinch a small amount of calcium into the bag and shake lightly until I think they are perfect to go! :D

Back
Top Bottom