HOW DO U WEATHER PROOF THE MISTKING PUMP & WIRES FOR OUTSIDE USE?

bigwigwabbit

Avid Member
HOW DO U WEATHER PROOF THE MISTKING PUMP & WIRES FOR OUTSIDE USE?

What do people do for there mistking pump and exposed wires when its outdoors while keeping the pump below the waterline? Pics would be nice If u have em, I’m a more visual kinda person.
Thanks

Last edited:
It's crazy that the mistking comes with the backs of the connectors exposed! As long as you mean "splash proof" and not "submersible" you can use

* Good: Electrical tape ...see pic
* Better: Heat shrink. 3:1 ratio and probably 1.5" or 1" diameter (whatever fits over the connector). I'm not sure the plastic connectors will hold up - haven't tried it yet
* Best: Replace the connectors with waterproof ones. <-- This will 100% void your warrantee, but I can help find some if you're interested.

I had electrical tape lying around, but it would peel outdoors. Here's a pic with one side taped.

IMG_0004.JPG

Hope it helps :)

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005RNEH5O/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Now buying $20 in dielectric paste for one project is dumb. But if you put it on every light bulb and connector on a car/boat/quad, and use it for brake pins, its worth it. But all you do is smear some in the business end of each connector, and water can not get in and corrode the connection. Also works great for outdoor connections for phones and ethernet.

And ill add a Better+: Use outdoor heatshrink that has "glue" in the center to seal the connection.

I went ahead and wrapped the exposed wires in plastic wrap and then taped it up really good. I had a thick styrofoam box that i turned over and set the pump and wires underneath and put the water on top of that.

Nice. Is the pump lifted up within that styrofoam box, in case water tries to seep in along the wood slats or down the tubing? I'm thinking just enough to keep the wires/terminals off the ground. Either way, unique solution with plastic wrap! I would have been concerned about static but then again, it's not like you're transferring GHz data on those lines :ROFLMAO:

Nice. Is the pump lifted up within that styrofoam box, in case water tries to seep in along the wood slats or down the tubing? I'm thinking just enough to keep the wires/terminals off the ground. Either way, unique solution with plastic wrap! I would have been concerned about static but then again, it's not like you're transferring GHz data on those lines :ROFLMAO:
Good idea ill throw a 2x4 or something under there to keep it of the porch just in case (y)(y)

Back
Top Bottom