How do i know if my chameleon is healthy?

AngelRod88

I was just hoping any experts on here that might could tell me if im doing ok raising my chameleon he recently had a small burn on his back but thanks to the help i get from here hes doing better im just wanting to know if he looks ok to me he looks ok but i just wanted you guys expert opinion

Very cute! He looks healthy to me...his poops look ok, eating normal? As long as you take all the advice on husbandry you should be good. Has the burn healed?

I am in no way any sort of expert.

But from what i see his eyes look healthy, his legs look nice, he’s a little on the chubby side. How his grip? From what I see you have a super calm male veiled

Yea i did im in the works of getting a different lighting system in the mean time i raised the light higher nextweek my new system will be arriving i also used some silver cream on the burn to help him heal more

Im getting to this a little late but if you have anymore concerns feel free to fill out this form and we can help you more in depth.

Chameleon Info:

Your Chameleon - The species, sex, and age of your chameleon. How long has it been in your care?

Handling - How often do you handle your chameleon?

Feeding - What are you feeding your cham? What amount? What is the schedule? How are you gut-loading your feeders?

Supplements - What brand and type of calcium and vitamin products are you dusting your feeders with and what is the schedule?

Watering - What kind of watering technique do you use? How often and how long to you mist? Do you see your chameleon drinking?

Fecal Description - Briefly note colors and consistency from recent droppings. Has this chameleon ever been tested for parasites?

History - Any previous information about your cham that might be useful to others when trying to help you.

Cage Info:

Cage Type - Describe your cage (Glass, Screen, Combo?) What are the dimensions?

Lighting - What brand, model, and types of lighting are you using? What is your daily lighting schedule?

Temperature - What temp range have you created (cage floor to basking spot)? Lowest overnight temp? How do you measure these temps?

Humidity - What are your humidity levels? How are you creating and maintaining these levels? What do you use to measure humidity?

Plants - Are you using live plants? If so, what kind?

Placement - Where is your cage located? Is it near any fans, air vents, or high traffic areas? At what height is the top of the cage relative to your room floor?

Location - Where are you geographically located?

Current Problem - The current problem you are concerned about.

--------------

Please Note:

The more details you provide the better and more accurate help you will receive.

MY CHAMELEON: I have a veiled chameleon hes about alittle over a year old ive had him for going on three months now

HANDELING: I generaly only handle him sometimes once daily i only to make sure hes ok and hasnt fallen or to put some of the silver cream on the top of his spikes to help him heal his burn

FEEDING: I feed him large crickets as his main course meal sometime i feed him horn worms he doesnt seem to like super worms as much but i here and there will get some for him just to see if he would eat the its kind of hard when it comes to worms because he doesnt hand feed so im still trying to figure out how to feed those to him as far as fruits or greens he doesnt seem interested in any ive tried to give him some fruits before but he just doesnt like it at all are you able to show me how to get him to hand feed???

SUPPLEMENTS: I dust the crickets with d3 calcium just about every feed i have a cricket carrier and it allows for me to dust them while theyre in the tube. I also have the repti vitamins that i use i dust the crickets once a week with .

WATERING: i mist the cage twice a day once at around 7am and them when I arrive home from work at around 6 im not going to lie sometimes i get paranoid that he doesnt drink enough water so i sort of tease him as if im going grab him so hed open his mouth and i sprinkle a littls bit in his mouth just to moist it i do this honestly because i love him and i worry thay he might not be getting enough water but his urate is always white.

FECAL DESCRIPTION: I noticed a little change in his poop from before to now im not sure if this is bad or normal but his poop used to be a little bit more thicker to where as now is more thinner and his urate is always white he poops everyday so i clean the cage daily to keep track of his poop and if he pooped or not.

HISTORY: change in poop size and burned spikes

Cage Type: I keep him in a large repti breeze

Lighting type: im currently in the mist of changing the double dome light to a t5ho i used the uvb bulb of 5.0 and a 100watt basking bulb i recently raised the lighting temporarily until i can grab the t5ho i keep it around 7 inches on top to prevent him from getting burned again untill i can go buy the t5ho.

TEMPERATURE: I His temperature around high
To mid 80s

HUMIDITY: The humidity on his cage is usually at 50 sometimes at 65

PLANTS: I got him a pothos plant i got this plant a recomendation to help with the humidity aswell as because ive heard they like to eat the plant.

PLACEMENT: I keep him in my room since i work alot there really no fan going untill night time .

CURRENT PROBLEM: Im just mainly concern as to how he looks he has a great grip but my concern is is he healthy and how am i able to get him to eat other things such as fruits and stuff he seems very particular in what he wants to eat besides his hornworms and crickets he really doesnt eat anything else also ive noticed he likes to eat when im not lopking im not sure if that should be a concern or not im working on currently changing the gutloading process changing the crickets diet from that fluekers stuff to vegetables and is there a certain way to administer the vegetables to the crickets should i chop it up or just plave the vegetation there.

Back
Top Bottom