How do I know how old is my Jackson?

splinter

I forgot to ask that question in the Pet store and I think that this is an important information that I should know. I ask this question because I believe he was pretty young but then someone here post a picture of an "11 month old" cham that looks just like mine in length. Mine is from 4 to 5 inches from mouth to the beginning of the tail. Here is a link of some pics:

https://www.chameleonforums.com/pics-jackie-61084/

Yea that might have been my post you saw and mine does look pretty similar to yours in length. So i'd say yours is about 10-11 months, but i am no expert. Mine just shed not too long ago and grew a bit more since :)

When I bought him, he had some trace of shed(a small area near the back of his head, less that 1/4 inch), but I did not see any more sings of it since I got him, so I'm not sure if he already shed or not.

I would say your lil guy still has some growing to do and is in the 8 to 10 month range. Good looking guy though.

Im also curious as to how often a cham of this species should shed, in relation to age, if there is one, and if it differs from male to female.

There is really no way to know how old he/she is. Jackson's don't get very big (most less than 12"). But, there is a local that stays smaller and a local that gets bigger ( Heres a link to FLChams Jackson page it might help a bit )

Im also curious as to how often a cham of this species should shed, in relation to age, if there is one, and if it differs from male to female.

Depends on how big they are (babies can shed 1 or 2 times month if in their growth spurt, adults maybe only every couple months).

Back
Top Bottom