How do I hatch Hawk moths

Does anyone know how to hatch a hawk moth? I have this one hornworm that has gotten to big for my 7 month old chameleon and I don’t want to kill it because it’s honestly so cute hahaha but how do I hatch one without him dying??

Does anyone know how to hatch a hawk moth? I have this one hornworm that has gotten to big for my 7 month old chameleon and I don’t want to kill it because it’s honestly so cute hahaha but how do I hatch one without him dying??
There are many threads on here on how to breed hornworms just search up hornworm breeding I’m sure lots will come up :) usually you need soil and a bin. You can buy one of those laundry hampers as a cage. I’m still learning since I plan on breeding some!

He is going to get huge and fat... will stop eating. I usually just provide a few inches of soil in a container with vented lid at this point and they will dig in and pupate. Keep it on a shelf and eventually it will hatch out. Last one I did took about 3 weeks.. it takes a few days for them to get their wings to dry out and open...

He is going to get huge and fat... will stop eating. I usually just provide a few inches of soil in a container with vented lid at this point and they will dig in and pupate. Keep it on a shelf and eventually it will hatch out. Last one I did took about 3 weeks.. it takes a few days for them to get their wings to dry out and open...
Awesome thank you so much! And my Chameleon won’t choke on it right? Cause he’s 7 months old rn

Back
Top Bottom