How do I get wax worm to turn to moths?

Does anyone know the easiest way to get my wax worms to turn into moths without them dying first? I don’t want to breed them or end up with colonies I’d just like them to become moths but I don’t know how to do that so if anyone could help me out with that, that would be awesome hahaha

Does anyone know the easiest way to get my wax worms to turn into moths without them dying first? I don’t want to breed them or end up with colonies I’d just like them to become moths but I don’t know how to do that so if anyone could help me out with that, that would be awesome hahaha
First of all you have to go in the kitchen drawer and hopefully there is some wax paper take a sheet of that tear it crush into balls and put this on their meal this is where they will spin their cocoons

I can also use corn syrup which most people have in the cabinet most of the time but still need a little bit of honey or molasses

I honestly just leave the container out in the chameleon room with a small amount of honey in it once they’re big enough. After they turn into pupae, I separate them into separate containers. As they hatch out into moths, I feed them off

And yeah I’m glad to help I hope it works good for you let me know and on the honey do you only need 10% corn syrup or similar to save money helps
I use local 100% raw honey since it’s their last meal before they‘re eaten. But everyone uses something else, so whatever works for different people works, too

I use local 100% raw honey since it’s their last meal before they‘re eaten. But everyone uses something else, so whatever works for different people works, too
@cham girl Sorry, I don’t know if that came out wrong and didn’t mean for it to. Some people try to gutload their moths before feeding. I feed them off as they hatch out, so I don’t. If you use honey with fillers, I’d gutload the moths before feeding them off to try to clear their systems

It's crazy you guys do so much for them! Lucky little moths.
I just leave them in the container I got them in, and leave that on my bug shelf. They mostly pupate and I feed off the moths. I never do anything special. My poor moths, i never knew they were the less fortunate of moths. 😂

It's crazy you guys do so much for them! Lucky little moths.
I just leave them in the container I got them in, and leave that on my bug shelf. They mostly pupate and I feed off the moths. I never do anything special. My poor moths, i never knew they were the less fortunate of moths. 😂
Yeah, my waxworms feast for their last supper! 🤣

Back
Top Bottom