How do I get him to STOP!?

SaintJimmy

Avid Member
Okay so I posted a while ago I found Monty eating dirt.

He was fine yesterday (I didn't see him doing it anymore) but now he keeps eating dirt!

He is almost always at the bottom of the ficus shooting little tiny bits of dirt into his mouth!

I do NOT want to have to take him to the vet. If he dies I will be heartbroken because we have NO cash to take him anywhere.

I just want him to stop. Temps and supplements are the same as caresheets. Same with moisture except I've been misting now 3 times for 2 hrs letting the cage dry out in between.

He drinks a bunch but I really do not want him to become impacted by dirt.

I guess if I can't do anything about my poor little baby I will just create a barrier between him and the dirt which is almost impossible.

Cover the top of the plant with screen. It can be done. Have you not tried covering the dirt with large rocks to stop this behavior? Bottom line is, cover the dirt up and he cannot eat it!! Problem solved!

what are you feeding him? try calcium diet and something new like some meal worms

You may want to update your dry gutload. (I recommend Cricket Crack)

Hes doing it (likely) because he wants/needs/craves the mineral content.

...and yes, make it unavailable to him, and he wont eat it...

I would definitely cover the dirt with some rocks. That's what I did works perfect . I also just put a towel over cause I had no money at time until the paper came my way or just go pick some up out side just make sure you wash them.

I have put rocks on the bottom but the brat MOVED the smallest rock out of the way (I have no other rocks that will go down there) and started eating it.

Should I just cover the pot? I have been gutloading with apples carrots strawberries oranges and collard greens. What the heck.

At this point I'm worried about what I should do in case he is impacted

Ugh so I found some more rocks and placed them on top of the dirt.

I've read Sandra's blog lots of times over and I can't really bother my dad to get all that stuff for a "silly little animal" like he says.

I'm using everything I've got guys.

Anyway I hope this helps. Otherwise I will cover the rocks with a plastic bag next time.

With the cricket crack.. Is that all you would use to gut load or would you mix that with fresh fruits and veggies?

I use cricket crack and flukers orange cubes. I'm still on the same bag of cricket crack :l

...I ordered it in like September or something crazy lol. I just scatter it around on a paper towel on one end of the the cricket tank and put the orange cubes on a little stone bowl on the other end and I never have any crickets die (unless I forget to make a little pyramid of egg crates around the orange cubes, they're to stupid to freaken walk up the side of the rock)

I would definitely put small river rock On top of the dirt On all your plants, you can get it at home depot or Lowes. Make sure it's about an inch.

With the cricket crack.. Is that all you would use to gut load or would you mix that with fresh fruits and veggies?

Definitely need to mix in fresh fruits and veggies.

The crick crack is cheaper than crack, like really cheap. A bag will lat forever also.

are you sure montys a "he"? "He might be trying to dig a hole to lay eggs!!!!;) i read on this website that some kinds of chameleons do that. try and reasearch that.
:D

And I just bought a batch of superworms. And found more rocks to cover the damn dirt with.

Should I consider ordering some hornworms for the occasion?

Back
Top Bottom