How did I wait so long...?

RobinB

Hello,
Recently became the proud owner of three baby veiled chameleons... And I can't get enough. I've now had two of them for several months while the third arrived just a few weeks ago. At first, my two babies, Priscilla and Theodore, aka Lady Ted (as it turns out they're both female lol) were reluctant to eat, and as fussy as a new mother I devised a plan...
Long story short they've been hand-fed since they arrived in this family. And the result... amazingly friendly and happy chameleons.
Every day we sit outside for periods of time in the evening or morning rays and get our ViteD... needless to say when the third arrived at first skittish, we implemented the same plan. The result: Chameleons who actually come 'somewhat' willing to perch for up to a few hours on our waiting fingers.
They each have an enclosure, with live plants, imitation vines, misters, UVA/B etc. and sidewall feeders for extra nummies between feedings :)))
I wanted to share this experience as having Picante, Lady Ted & Priscilla join the crew has been a most rewarding experience and I Love!!

Attachments

• IMG_9253.JPG
    IMG_9253.JPG
    134.9 KB · Views: 98
  • IMG_9255.JPG
    IMG_9255.JPG
    152.5 KB · Views: 90
  • IMG_9301.JPG
    IMG_9301.JPG
    77.7 KB · Views: 105
  • IMG_9303.JPG
    IMG_9303.JPG
    82.5 KB · Views: 95
How did you get three? Wow!
I bought two from a local breeder and a third from Florida. I got almost all my equipment used so kept the price down... it’s been three months and everyone is eating like champs with a few nice sheds and happy campers!! I’m in love!

Attachments

• 835C863D-8389-4C33-82DC-822126EC64F6.jpeg
    835C863D-8389-4C33-82DC-822126EC64F6.jpeg
    95.1 KB · Views: 79
Its been quite interesting to have this forum to read other experiences. I am grateful it exists and to have come upon it. Thanks, everyone for the positive, supportive, and engaging environment in which to learn and share about Chameleons... my new found passion :)
(Below a picture of Lady Ted showing her little self)

Attachments

• IMG_9626.JPG
    IMG_9626.JPG
    164.9 KB · Views: 66
Back
Top Bottom