How Big should he be?

camimom

I have a male veiled, I go back and forth on his age. I was told when i first got him he was 2 weeks old, that was in February, so if it was right he should be around 4 or 5 months old.
My question is, how long are all of you veileds at this age? from nose to tip of tail.

I have seen other peopls veields at 6 months and they look soo much bigger than he is. ( I know amonth or two is a big difference and that they can grow alot, but I feel like it is too much of a difference.

Any help would be great.

veilds grow very fast and for that reason, they come in all ranges of sizes. I've had 2 males at one point that were exactly the same age and on the same diet, but after a year, one was atleast 1/3 larger than the other. They are just like people. Alot depends on diet and genes.

You should post some pics, even though I dont have any experience with veileds it would be nice to see the photos and Im sure it would help other people help you out

2 weeks? Are you sure he wasn't 2 months old when you got him? Ozzie was the size like in your avatar and he was 2 months old when I got him. He is now as long as my hand. I would measure Ozzie to be 6" not including tail and he is 5 months old now...I think?

2 weeks? Are you sure he wasn't 2 months old when you got him? Ozzie was the size like in your avatar and he was 2 months old when I got him. He is now as long as my hand. I would measure Ozzie to be 6" not including tail and he is 5 months old now...I think?

They said two weeks. Thus all my confusion and back and forth on his age. Kink is definitly not six inches not including his tail. Hes about 3 to 4 inches with his body, and then his tail adds another 3 inches.

I would say 5-6 months!

Awesome! I think that too. Especially if he really was 2 weeks when I got him. I just seen other peoples 6 month olds and they look soooo much bigger than him.

Side Note- his pattern is finally starting to come in! cant wait to see what he looks like as an adult.

Beautiful guy! Or should I say Handsome? Our first veiled was estimated to be about 4 months when we brought her home and she was about 6" tip-to-tip. She's about 10 1/2" now at around 6 months. He looks about right from our perspective. Love the nails too!!

Gorgeous little fella' I can say that much!

Not meaning to hijack this thread (Easier than making one with a similar subject) but I need some help on the same matter, I have a little Panther and I'm still unsure of his age! I think he's 3-4 months. I ended up getting his age mixed up with a puppy we got around the same time. He must be around 9-10" from nose to tip of tail, around 5-7" from nose to bum. His colors aren't completely through yet but he shows some lovely blues and oranges in the sunlight.

This is him 5 days ago...

img0096u.jpg

And this is him just before he shed last Wednesday, he has grown and gained color since though (Noticeably).

nwni2a.jpg

I'm not looking for a pinpoint accurate answer, just a guesstimate if you will. I think around 4 months may be right but I'm really unsure. I've seen some pictures of some truly different looking Panthers of the same locale on this site that are around 4-5 months.

Any help very much appreciated!

EDIT: Forgot to mention he is a blue bar Ambilobe.

most panthers tend to start getting their deeper colors 5-7 months out. I think that yours is exactly as you have said about 4 months.

Beautiful guy! Or should I say Handsome? Our first veiled was estimated to be about 4 months when we brought her home and she was about 6" tip-to-tip. She's about 10 1/2" now at around 6 months. He looks about right from our perspective. Love the nails too!!

Thanks! I think hes really gonna have some crazy colors when hes all grown up. He never stays fired up enough to see it, but he gets black bars and broken black bars when he gets angry. And turns a bright emerald green.
The size of your girl then seems about right for his age too. I think hes about 4-5 months, bordering onto six. ANd thanks abotu the nails! Its summer, gotta go bright!

Gorgeous little fella' I can say that much!

Not meaning to hijack this thread (Easier than making one with a similar subject) but I need some help on the same matter, I have a little Panther and I'm still unsure of his age! I think he's 3-4 months. I ended up getting his age mixed up with a puppy we got around the same time. He must be around 9-10" from nose to tip of tail, around 5-7" from nose to bum. His colors aren't completely through yet but he shows some lovely blues and oranges in the sunlight.

This is him 5 days ago...

img0096u.jpg

And this is him just before he shed last Wednesday, he has grown and gained color since though (Noticeably).

nwni2a.jpg

I'm not looking for a pinpoint accurate answer, just a guesstimate if you will. I think around 4 months may be right but I'm really unsure. I've seen some pictures of some truly different looking Panthers of the same locale on this site that are around 4-5 months.

Any help very much appreciated!

EDIT: Forgot to mention he is a blue bar Ambilobe.

Your boy is very good looking, love the white around his mouth. Make sure you post pics when he grows into his colors more!

Cami thats a nice looking cham you got there he really has come a long way I remember when you got him

On a side note at what age do panthers stop developing their adult colors if anyone knows, my cham Icarus is coming up on 9 months and I was wondering if he was done maturing

Cami thats a nice looking cham you got there he really has come a long way I remember when you got him

On a side note at what age do panthers stop developing their adult colors if anyone knows, my cham Icarus is coming up on 9 months and I was wondering if he was done maturing

Thanks! he was so small and hadnt started showing his personality yet. But now, he's grown so much and hes really coming into his own. And He is starting to develop his markings, as can be seen a bit in is pix. Its going to get even better as he gets older!

Back
Top Bottom