How active should a veiled be?

sagemoon2004

Established Member
Okay, I am once again obsessing. I have had this male veiled aprox. 1 month, he is about 2. Built new cage, following all of the forum advice from lights to supplements. Saki doesn't creep around very much, he def has tongue issues, (always dish fed),but a very strong grip. I worry because he hangs out in same places for hours. Never seen him roam, like others talk about on here. Right now he is on second day in new cage, spent last two years in very small terrarium. I am constantly freaking out and watching him because I am worried. How active should he be?

Is he hanging out under the basking light? Veileds love to bask. My veileds free range and they will sit for hours and look out the window but they do move around. My male will come down out of his tree and go over to the glass door that leads to the screen back porch and scratch at the glass to go out. I have lots of trees there; it's like a jungle on my back porch.

Hanging out under the basking light mostly? They do love to bask. My little girl veiled will sit under hers in one certain spot for who knows how long and just sun herself. She does move around in her cage during the day but she mainly sits in certain places at certain times like her own routine. I also let them go outside and free range for a little while when weather prevails. Maybe trying this with him would help you make him happier just an idea.

Well, I would love to do the free range, but have an adopted cat and I foster cats for a local rescue group, (one at a time, usually a kitten), and can't risk that right now. Our temps in Michigan are def not good for outside exercise, but I see today he is actually cruising around the new cage a bit. I know it takes time to adapt, especially since he lived in a glass terrarium not even a third of the size of the new screen cage. Still worrried he won't be able to hunt well because of his tongue issues, we will see.

my male tend to wander round his home in the mornign he seems to have set up a routine of having a drink, bask,wander round for a bit, then eating then he demands out time and then he goes back to basking. had me worried the other day because he wast moving as much so obessing i stayed up all night researching everything and today hes back to his normal self . seriously i think he does it on purpose :eek:

Back
Top Bottom