Housing my new cham

cornelius

I'm getting a 10 week old Ambilobe in a few days, so I'm trying to make sure I've got everything right. (It's my first chameleon, but I've been doing a ton of research.) Somehow I overlooked the fact that babies should be kept in smaller cages. Is this necessary, or could I put him in the large cage right away? It's 3'x2'x4'. Would cup feeding help make sure he can find his food in a larger cage? Thanks for any advice.

I'm getting a 10 week old Ambilobe in a few days, so I'm trying to make sure I've got everything right. (It's my first chameleon, but I've been doing a ton of research.) Somehow I overlooked the fact that babies should be kept in smaller cages. Is this necessary, or could I put him in the large cage right away? It's 3'x2'x4'. Would cup feeding help make sure he can find his food in a larger cage? Thanks for any advice.

You can put him in the bigger cage if youd like. The reason that people put babies in smaller cages is so that they have less distance to fall, as they sometimes do because they climb all the time. (also, smaller cages make it easier to find them ;p)If you do decide to use the bigger cage, make sure you have lots of cover and that the lights can reach him without making it too hot.

You will probably hear many different takes on a starting out with a big vs little cage but, one thing about a younger cham with a big cage is that you want to make sure it is finding the feeders. Personally I started mine out in their big cages, also how young it is on arrival may be a factor as well. You may want to make sure it is not too young.

Back
Top Bottom