House of Hydro Mist Maker Kit

Tony_S

Chameleon Enthusiast
I'm thinking of adding this to my Mist King water tank to supply cool mist during the night to increase the humidity. Thus using one water supply for two purposes.

https://www.amazon.com/Mist-Maker-K...ouse+of+hydro&qid=1567004775&s=gateway&sr=8-3

I'll have a hose coming from the water tank lid to the enclosure and a fan in the lid blowing air into it.

Anyone use one of these? Can they run off of a timer? Is one head enough or would I need the 3 or 5 head unit? Any issues I'm not thinking of by doing it this way?

Thanks,

Tony

uhh how are you going to keep the sliver mister pod 1/4" below the water line, when your mistking water level swings a foot or more?

NM, if the float is correct, it will keep it at the water line. But this is still not going to work because its not a force fan model. Yes it will mist, but with no force fan, it will not travel up a tube. You maybe able to do your fan idea, but without a good seal its going to go the path of least resistance.

Might be better off putting the bucket on top of the cage with a 4" have have a mist volcano.

You do not want a 3-5 head unless you want a mist party vs increase humidity. With 10 heads and 350 watts you can recreate Dagobah, the swamp planet .

Last edited:
Doesn't someone on this forum work there? I seem to recall a comment several months ago about them having a warehouse fire and trying to get their inventory built back up.

Doesn't someone on this forum work there? I seem to recall a comment several months ago about them having a warehouse fire and trying to get their inventory built back up.

That was me commenting that there was a warehouse fire and i couldnt order...

Your idea will work, up to the point of the tube thing. As you can see in the video, the fan will push the mist out of the box, but i dont think it will push the mist up a tube.

I do also think the single head unit would be enough for what I want to do.

I also think that it would work using a regular container and hose. Here is a guy using a normal sterlite tub and it is coming out of the stack just fine. Of course I wouldn't use so many heads and a slower fan to push it out with.

Back
Top Bottom