House for two baby veiled?

I have two 3 month male baby veiled coming to home today. They are about 3.5 inches in total length. I have a 16*16*30 ZooMed screen cage, which I put both of them in for the moment. My another 24*24*48 ZooMed is still on its way (will arrive on this Thurs). My question is: how long can I put both baby in that 16" cage? I think the 16" is too big for one baby, and the 24" is even bigger. Or should I separate them into the two cages on Thurs? Any suggestions are appreciated.

Update:
They arrived yesterday noon. The bigger one (below) is very active and ate two mealworms. The smaller one (top) is not active at all. Its eyes keep closed. Tail not curl when resting on the branch. Last night the small one even came down the branch and rested on the ground for quite a while. All of those I believe are not good sign. I bought them from LLLReptile.
9457262317_69a96bfc0a_b.jpg

You might be able to keep them together for a bit, but its best to separate them as they will eventually fight;

Yes, I understand. That's why I bought the second cage. But would a too-big space be a problem for babies?
I guess the WILD is the infinite-big cage for a chameleon.

Yes, I understand. That's why I bought the second cage. But would a too-big space be a problem for babies?
I guess the WILD is the infinite-big cage for a chameleon.

How big are these babies? Post some pictures. At 3 months my veileds are big enough that they could go in a 4 ft enclosure if I didn't free range. If they are nice big healthy babies they should have no problem in a large cage especially if you can get them to cup feed. By the age of 3 months not only do they fight (they do that before 2 months) they also becomes stressed.

How big are these babies? Post some pictures. At 3 months my veileds are big enough that they could go in a 4 ft enclosure if I didn't free range. If they are nice big healthy babies they should have no problem in a large cage especially if you can get them to cup feed. By the age of 3 months not only do they fight (they do that before 2 months) they also becomes stressed.

They are little bit over 3 inches in total length.

Back
Top Bottom