House Flies?

PrettyInInk87

So, I noticed earlier today Hugh was shooting at something while in his cage... I looked closer and noticed it was a house fly buzzing around his cage.:eek: I ran to the cage and shooshed the damn fly away, he was taunting my baby. I'm wondering if anyone has had experience with their Cham eating a regular house fly or any other outside bug and if you have had any problems?:confused:

you mean if your cham eats a wild house fly? I guess as with any wild caught bug you have to worry about parasites. Especially with flies...I mean what do they like to eat...think about it! yuk!!! lol!

you mean if your cham eats a wild house fly? I guess as with any wild caught bug you have to worry about parasites. Especially with flies...I mean what do they like to eat...think about it! yuk!!! lol!

Yes I KNOW! It's disgusting... I mean i'm pretty sure someone has had their Cham eat a wild house fly. Of course i'm careful about those types of things when I "free range" Hugh but don't think i'd be able to prevent him eating one if one decided to hang out near him. Stupid flies... Lol!:p

My free ranged lizards eat my house flies all the time. I, however, accidentally let loose the flies that are clean and intended to be fed off so I'm not too worried. I also don't have anything really dangerous in my house anyways.

Just get a fecal once or twice a year, find out what the parasites are if he has them, and figure out how to treat it. Some common parasites can be treated with meds you can buy online. Parasites also aren't super dangerous unless they get out of control in the animal. That doesn't usually happen unless the animal is ill or severely stressed.

So, I noticed earlier today Hugh was shooting at something while in his cage... I looked closer and noticed it was a house fly buzzing around his cage.:eek: I ran to the cage and shooshed the damn fly away, he was taunting my baby. I'm wondering if anyone has had experience with their Cham eating a regular house fly or any other outside bug and if you have had any problems?:confused:

Years ago, I used to let my Jackson X. eat anything that flew by him, especially in Summer time, he would be chillin' by the kitchen window snapping flys, moths, etc fun to watch...but to be fatal in the end because of the parasitic infection he end it up with... :(

Years ago, I used to let my Jackson X. eat anything that flew by him, especially in Summer time, he would be chillin' by the kitchen window snapping flys, moths, etc fun to watch...but to be fatal in the end because of the parasitic infection he end it up with... :(

Oh my gosh, i'm so sorry...:( I will DEFINATELY keep a closer eye on him and these damn pesky flies. I do need to order some Blue Bottle Flies now that I know they catch his attention.:)

What are blue bottle flies?

What are blue bottle flies and are they good for chams or am I being naive? If not then what are they and how do I get them, I'd like to give my Fiona a good variety of treats to eat.:confused:

Back
Top Bottom