Hose length for Mistking?

Motor mounted under table - bucket on top of table. Cages 4' tall (QTY: 2).. Ran right after install - ran dry for a couple seconds before I caught it and turned it off. Turned it back on after adding water to the bucket, but doesn't seem to be self priming. Is it because my hose is too long? There's probably 6-7' of hose going to the top of the first 4' tall cage. Should it be more of a straight line with far less give? I don't want to cut more hose off until I know for sure.

How long is the hose from the reservoir to the pump? You don't want more than 1-2 feet at this spot. You can prime the pump manually - see pg 30 of the mistking manual. If you do not have it anymore - see here: http://online.fliphtml5.com/jrle/vzmq/#p=30

If manual priming doesn't help, reach out to MistKing, they are very happy to help.

How long is the hose from the reservoir to the pump - you don't want more than 1-2 feet at this spot? You can prime the pump manually - see pg 30 of the mistking manual. If you do not have it anymore - see here: http://online.fliphtml5.com/jrle/vzmq/#p=30

If manual priming doesn't help, reach out to MistKing, they are very happy to help.

The hose from the reservoir to the pump is about 18". I want to know if my other hose is too long, and is therefore going to continually cause me problems - if I can save myself some headache by cutting the other hose back by a good 2 feet, I will... (kind of like an aquarium hose...)

I'm not sure which version of the system you have, but even the starter version is capable of running up to 10 nozzles, so the length of tubing past your pump isn't the issue. After letting the pump run dry, manual priming is recommended - please see the link above.

When I set mine up it did not self prime either. I disconnected the hose from the first spray nozzle, and ran the pump until water started coming out of the tube. Then reconnected to the nozzle. Has worked fine since.
Might work for your situation as well.

Maybe my post isn't worded correctly..... It didn't self-prime. I did prime it. It worked. I simply want to know if making my hose shorter so it's a straight run, rather than looped, will alleviate the problem if it dry runs again...(but I'm asking before I cut the hose)

Maybe my post isn't worded correctly..... It didn't self-prime. I did prime it. It worked. I simply want to know if making my hose shorter so it's a straight run, rather than looped, will alleviate the problem if it dry runs again...(but I'm asking before I cut the hose)
No it will not, the hose going from your pump to the nozzle wasn’t your problem. It was from being vapor locked between the resovior and pump inlet. Any time you disconnect the inlet hose from the pump you need to let all the air drain from the line via gravity feed and then connect the hose to the inlet while the water is still running.

the length of tubing past your pump isn't the issue - I wouldn't cut it if I were you. I would try the suggestions offered and see if they help you do what you want the pump to do, or call MistKing.

The Mistking is a high pressure pump, it has to be to make the super fine spray pattern it’s famous for. You could have 100’ of hose with 10 loops in it and your still going to get the water where it needs to go, at worst it might take a few seconds longer to get it there. This was a supply side vapor lock.

Back
Top Bottom