Hornworms?

You have to worry about the size. Horn worms grow fast. If you have them on a warm place they can double in size over night. So get a pod of small small horn worms and place them in a cooler with ice packs and it will keep them from growning too fast. Some can keep them alive in their fridge but I find that too difficult and I end up killing them. Your 4 month old can eat them but they have to be super small. You might want to stick to small super worms, wax worms, or crickets.

No because the the horn worm can bite a chameleon real hard and it can probably bite its tongue or eye you can wait till there about 8 -10 months or more

My rule of thumb is always make sure your feeders are no bigger than the distance between their eyes. Once I see what kind of hunters my chams are I'll try different things/sizes. And they have definitely surprised me in the past. At the current size I would say you're fine if you supervise the feedings. But I personally wouldn't buy horn worms at that age because they will grow faster than your cham can eat them. I do keep mine in the fridge, but no more than one or two days in there and at least one day out. They do just fine.

Chams can eat larger worms
I feed my adult panthers full size hornworms 3-4 inch long and fat they love them ,great for hydration just don’t get too close they squirt all over
Good luck
Dave

I dust my worms also ,add a few crickets when feeding or their poop will be runny won’t be a problem just little extra gross when cleaning lol
Enjoy
Dave

Back
Top Bottom