Hornworms or silkworms?!

Mark

Idk if I should get hornworms or silkworms for my 3-4 month old veiled chameleon. He’s eating like crazy and I want him to have something other than crickets and super worms. He likes both but they supposed to have a wide variety. Is the hornworm better or are they the same

I believe silkworms provide more nutrition, hornworms provide a ton of hydration. I’d get both if I were you. Variety is best.

Silkworms can be more difficult to source, there are a few site sponsors that specialize in them. Buying the eggs and chow works well and is easier to obtain than live worms. Hornworms are sold at most online insect retailers. I’ve used mulberry farms, rainbow mealworms, coastal silkworms, and Linda’s gone buggy. Just google it, you’ll find them all.

Idk if I should get hornworms or silkworms for my 3-4 month old veiled chameleon. He’s eating like crazy and I want him to have something other than crickets and super worms. He likes both but they supposed to have a wide variety. Is the hornworm better or are they the same
Silk worms are more healthy, but i thnk they are more expensive tho

Hornworms can be a sustainable source of nutrition high calcium to phosphorus ratio with a general high water content can’t go wrong. with there bright color very appealing to the chameleon eye. Go on amazon buy a cup from great Lakes cup of 25-30 of them only cost <15.00 shipped

Back
Top Bottom