Hornworm trade San Diego?

Wowbango

Established Member
Anybody in the San Diego area that wants to trade my large hornworms for small ones? They've gotten to the size where they're too big for my 7 month old and he can't eat them. :(

Those things grow too fast. I know rainbow crickets has the tiniest horn worms right now I got some 3 days ago. They have 2 locations. 1 in Compton and I'll tell you in a minute where the other location is.

It's a little messy, a sharp knife helps, but you can cut one if half and feed the halves separately to him. Just try to make sure he strikes the dry end so his tongue will stick.

Yeah I picked them up less than a week ago as "small" from someone local who is breeding them. IN a week and 3 days, they're almost full grown, holy smokes. First time buying them and I had heard about their growth...but still blown way.
They powered through their food that came in the cup and now i'm just giving them some of my silkworm chow.

Keeping them cool slows their growth. I keep mine in a wine cooler. You can also that away the food every other day. That helps too.

Back
Top Bottom