Hornworm maggots?

LindsayG

Avid Member
What are these little maggots in here? I bought two cups from my local reptile shop and one has dozens of tiny maggots worm things. Are these dangerous for him? I don't think I've given him any worms from this cup but I'm not sure.

I'm trying. My phones being lame. They are very small and white. They almost look like very small waxworms but they're all over and climbing the sides and stuff

20160601_161707.jpg

A wild fruit fly or drain fly got in the cup and laid eggs. It happens from time to time. I wouldn't worry to much about it

Am I still able to feed the worms to him? I got scared so I haven't given him any. I was going to return them but the store closed early tonight. I don't want him to be infected with anything

I still fed mine off the couple times it happened. Just be careful in the future to not let any flies get in the culture. If it happened at the store you bought it from let them know to be careful. Sometimes the lid can get a hole in it.

I still fed mine off the couple times it happened. Just be careful in the future to not let any flies get in the culture. If it happened at the store you bought it from let them know to be careful. Sometimes the lid can get a hole in it.

Great. Thank you!

Back
Top Bottom