Hornworm Horror Stories

I recommend only feeding medium hornworms. Many years ago when I was out of town, my petsitter gave one of my panthers a fairly large hornworm that was about 2&1/2 inches long when stretched out. The worm grabbed the roof of my chameleons mouth, way in the back and my chameleon was choking. The petsitter was able to reach down the back of my chameleons mouth and pull the worm out to save his life. Also I had a friend that kept a very large Melleri chameleon and the same thing happen with his Melleri. I buy small hornworms and keep them in the wine cooler or frig. to slow their growth and never feed them if one happens to grow to two inches long.

You can put refrigerate them to slow growth, I keep it at 45-55 and will take them out every other day so they can eat 🤙

Thanks for sharing everyone! It's always explosive entertainment watching a hornworm being eaten, forever cleaning the gummy worm guts of the clean white walls of the DS 😂
Okay, Thanks! :D (y)
The 25 counts usually arrive way smaller (like itty bitty), especially in winter. Keeping them in a wine fridge will help slow their growth, like @Kamikaze Chameleon said (just make sure to keep them the same temp the store you bought them from does). If you’re still concerned, you can just buy the eggs and hatch them out yourself (just beware that the eggs usually have to bought in huge amounts).
Okay, thank you! :D(y)

Back
Top Bottom