Horn worms

image.jpg He don't like the camera on him image.jpg (Box it comes in one per box I have five of them) (afraid I spent all this money on them and he can't eat them... $3 each )

Ok I had got some mini horn worms thinking I could just hold on to them in the box they come in but they are now three times the size as when I got them last week today my Cham is about 14-15 months now but he's a picky eater so on the small side he's 40-50 grams don't know length I'll post pics of him and the worms

Do you guys think he's to small to eat one of them?

Attachments

• IMG_1437.JPG
    IMG_1437.JPG
    130.3 KB · Views: 126
  • IMG_1434.JPG
    IMG_1434.JPG
    199 KB · Views: 179
The worm will rip apart when he eats him and the juice squirt out. Put on your safety glasses if you watch in the spash zone. I just bought 12 horn worms for $14.50.
Oh I'll post a video of it if I give it to him . That's a good deal they are about $3 a peace here in Az it's crazy . I was going to order some from one of the sponsors but it's to hot here to do so now

You are buying them from petsmart from the look of it? They rob you for the cost of the hornworm and the worms you buy from them will always be huge. Honestly the best price you will get is from Great Lake's Hornworms and since it's so warm where you are right now you might want to try eggs. They will be hatched when you get them but they should be fine. But of course email them directly to ask ^^

Not asking for your exact location but what part of AZ are you in? I live in Chandler and there are two reptile stores nearby. One sells cups of hornworms for $15.00. I just bought a cup yesterday and it has at least 36 small hornworms in it. The other store sells cups for the same price if I remember correctly and I believe they sell individual worms for $1.00 each.

Not asking for your exact location but what part of AZ are you in? I live in Chandler and there are two reptile stores nearby. One sells cups of hornworms for $15.00. I just bought a cup yesterday and it has at least 36 small hornworms in it. The other store sells cups for the same price if I remember correctly and I believe they sell individual worms for $1.00 each.
I shop at my local LA HABRA PETS..and i pay 75cents per hornworm..and what i love the most is that he carries different sizes..

I recently tried feeding hornworms to my veiled. Bought 14 for $12 on ebay. I think he ate 3 then stopped eating them all together. I was hoping he would go crazy for them like most people post on here but now I have around 10 or so 4 inch long hornworms.... I always read about how fast they grow but holy cow, I was not prepared haha. My girlfriend would not let me refrigerate them either so I was doomed from the start.

I was hoping he would go crazy for them like most people post on here but now I have around 10 or so 4 inch long hornworms....

Wow how strange my guy goes crazy for them. He isnt exactly skittish most of the times, but he isnt real friendly toward me either. However, as soon as i open the cage door and pull out a hornworm he comes running down his vines and sticks from way up top on his perch and will be very motivated to snag him that giant green gummy worm. Its like for a minute he doesnt even know i'm there. After he grabs it though and chomps on it i usually get this look like, oh yeah..you are still here.

I recently tried feeding hornworms to my veiled. Bought 14 for $12 on ebay. I think he ate 3 then stopped eating them all together. I was hoping he would go crazy for them like most people post on here but now I have around 10 or so 4 inch long hornworms.... I always read about how fast they grow but holy cow, I was not prepared haha. My girlfriend would not let me refrigerate them either so I was doomed from the start.
Haha that's soo funny. I live with roommates, and im the only girl in the house. Everyone is like WHAT THE HELL are WORMS doing in the FRIDGE? lol.!

I'm in Phoenix
You are buying them from petsmart from the look of it? They rob you for the cost of the hornworm and the worms you buy from them will always be huge. Honestly the best price you will get is from Great Lake's Hornworms and since it's so warm where you are right now you might want to try eggs. They will be hatched when you get them but they should be fine. But of course email them directly to ask ^^
yes that's where we got them.

By the way can he eat them after they transform to a moth if it's not to big cuz I have one in a cuckoon right now. He never ate. he gets terminated eating I think. seems he can't catch free range bugs either. He's lazy lol.

Thank you all for committing and yes I'm going to look in to getting them eggs

If you're interested check out Arizona Reptile Center and also Predators Reptile Center. They are both in Mesa. I buy mine from Predators because they almost always have cups of very small worms. However it's Arizona Reptile that offers single worms. Not sure if these places are too far for you. There may well also be a reptile store closer to you. I think there's another one here in the valley but not sure without searching and I'm at work now so limited on time!!! Anyways good luck with everything. These reptile stores might be fun to visit even if you choose to buy the worms/eggs online. I just prefer not to deal with shipping if I don't have to, especially in the summer!!

I can stop out there this weekend and have a look I have a Ocean floor out here but I'm not sure if they sell bugs but they do fish and reptiles I'll have to call them but anyway thank you have a good rest of the day at work stay cool it's to out here

Sounds good! I should mention though that I always go during the week so not positive how the worm selection will be on the weekends (might want to call first)! I've heard of Ocean Floor. There is quite a nice saltwater shop just a couple doors down from Predators but I don't know the exact name!!! Also Arizona Reptile is really only a few miles from Predators and also worth a visit - they are very different types of stores even though they are both reptile stores!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom