Hoppers for hatchlings?

clairf

Just a thought from the other side of the pond. Out of interest with the norm feeders for hatchlings being FF and pinheads.....is there any reason why hatchling locusts can't be offered ? Aside the fact they hop to much lol.
I breed locusts and just had a few hundred hatch yesturday aswell :rolleyes: and they are so tiny, I just questioned the reason other than being catchable.....

No there isn't any reason. In fact I love to feed them, they are only hard to obtain. And not all young/small chameleons like them.

No there isn't any reason. In fact I love to feed them, they are only hard to obtain. And not all young/small chameleons like them.

Thank you for fast response....I shall go scoop a few up and see what she thinks - gotta be better than those pesky pinheads ! :D

I much prefer locusts to crix, don't see why you couldn't use them if the are small enough! At the rep shop I have only ever seen locusts free ranging in the baby cham vivs - they tend to go up towards the light rather than hide in plants etc, so I imagine the baby chams would find them easier than crix. How is she doing today? Any more clutchmates hatched yet?

I much prefer locusts to crix, don't see why you couldn't use them if the are small enough! At the rep shop I have only ever seen locusts free ranging in the baby cham vivs - they tend to go up towards the light rather than hide in plants etc, so I imagine the baby chams would find them easier than crix. How is she doing today? Any more clutchmates hatched yet?

Oh Tiff...these babies will be the death of me :D I paced all night and no more BUT in the last hour one has dented and pipped and stuck its nose out.
She is doing brillliantly....this morning I put in yesturdays newly hatched hoppers and she just looked right back at me, with attitude !

So her first meal was a wave of FF and she went totally nuts...racing ( in a racing cham way :rolleyes:) around shooting at them. Again, her first shoot make me go gooey and tearful. I cant explain how I feel ...umm...privelegd ? Honoured...such an incredible thing to witness....to know as a mere mortal you have learned enough to create these beautiful creatures.....anyway :rolleyes:..........
She has now adopted the ' John Cleese ' walk AKA 'I am a leaf - you can't see me ' and hysterically funny watching her. Although she does it at like x 4 speed which makes it even funnier.
But to digress......now she has the food idea I shall try locusts again as like you I prefer them and am fortunate to have a free endless supply :D

Just read that back ...and jeez I sound like a wet lettuce !:eek:

Wet lettuce, no - proud new Chamele-Mum, YES! I would liek to say thanks for sharing everything in such detail - I would so love the experience myself - I would be just the same as you, lol! I would have to get time off work as I couldn't bear to leave them all day!:eek:

Wet lettuce, no - proud new Chamele-Mum, YES! I would liek to say thanks for sharing everything in such detail - I would so love the experience myself - I would be just the same as you, lol! I would have to get time off work as I couldn't bear to leave them all day!:eek:

:DI know I have just suspended / move all plans for the next few days...not even going shopping ' in case they need me ' :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom