Homemade Sun Cage !

Hey everyone ! After seeing ChameleonsInMyHouse's thread with the link for making a CHEAP DIY Sun Cage....i decided to make one right away.
Im 13, at home, bored to death...so this kept m occupied ! :D

What i used to make it where just stuff laying around my house.
-Green Patio Mesh
-Fish Line- i kinda used this to sew the 2 sides/flaps together.
-Screen Mesh- the stuff on top.
-Staples-what i used to keep the screen on.

Here are some pictures of it. It may not look the greatest but it works like a charm and Dexter loves it !

8thgrade014.jpg

8thgrade015.jpg

8thgrade017.jpg

HAHA! Phenomenal work man, you must be bored, but it turned out not shabby it all :D i still envy you and your nice weather though :mad: dont have school or something kid? oh ya.. its sunday :rolleyes: great job stephan FIVE STARS*****

It looks like it could fall over. Do you have any sort of support for that or am I missing it?

It looks like it could fall over. Do you have any sort of support for that or am I missing it?

Always gonna pick up something Sabrina. lol. its ok though :)

The big piece of drift wood a the bottom was pretty much the support because the tip went through one of the squares and just stayed in there until i took it out. It pretty much just stretched out the green mesh a bit and that made it stay on one place. I know that probably didn't make sense..as im bad at explaining..but i tried.

It wasnt even windy at all outside :)

Sorry, I've always been a critic I guess.

I'd just be worried about a windy day then, or a random animal running up on it, landing on it, what have you.

You may want to consider putting something like those U-shaped stakes through the mesh. We use them for our soccer goals and it prevents them from getting tipped over or blowing over.

Sorry, I've always been a critic I guess.

I'd just be worried about a windy day then, or a random animal running up on it, landing on it, what have you.

You may want to consider putting something like those U-shaped stakes through the mesh. We use them for our soccer goals and it prevents them from getting tipped over or blowing over.

I will look into what i can use. Im sure i have something in my garage.

Just be careful he never bakes out there in the sun. You may want to find something for him to be able to hide under to get some shade. Or to hide from the neighborhood cat.

I'm with him when he is in there. I don't leave him outside alone. I am constantly watching him. Thank you for your input everyone !
Why not let him zoom around in a decent sized (pruned) ficus then? Would be easier to move. If you're watching him, not much to worry about. :)

That would work indoors too, if you put some pvc piping to outline it to make them squared so they could be neatly placed in rows... Hang the lights above, no weight being put on the top...

Buying screen cages doesn't make sense to me... Making nice looking cages that are dirt cheap makes a lot of sense to me though! lol

I am making an enclosure out of a shelf. This shelf cost $5.00 at Home Depot!!! lol.. and it is big enough to make 4 cages in it!

Back
Top Bottom