home made UVB/heat lamp stand

Discussion in 'General Photography' started by Stanly, Dec 12, 2010.

1. Stanly

Stanly New Member

I know they sale lamp stands, but they didn't really have what i was looking for (wanted to get the uvb and the heat lamp on it) so I decided to make one.

it's just PVC pipe (3/4 inch), 5 pvc T's. and some velcro staps (to hold the UVB and cords in place).

I used a dremel and sanded down the inside of the T's on the cross bar and the heat lamp bar so they can be slid up or down. I was thinking of drilling holes for keeper pins but it worked out it's tight enough it doesn't need keeper pins tho it does take a "small" amout of force to adjust

it's still a work in progress, I'm going to paint it and may change up the heat lamp bar (thinking of adding a 45 so that it has more angle to it) but so far it's working pretty well, was cheap (well other than the cost of the dremel but I needed that anyway) but most of all it fits my needs.

Attached Files:

2. Salem Jones

Salem Jones New Member

Looks functional and easy which is always good. Just running the cords down the pvc piping or through the pipes?

3. Stanly

Stanly New Member

cords are down the out side of the pipe (held on with velcro strips), tho inside would be a good ideal! but I don't think it will fit in this size pvc