Home made incubator

erik775

Established Member
Any one know of any ways to make a good home made incubator?in thinking of getting two heating pads a styrafoam cooler and a temperature control plug also...you guys think it would work ...¿or can some one point me in the right direction...

check my blog in the link below this message- I wrote an article on how I build mine and you might get some ideas.

A couple of quick points off the top of my head- if you want to make it incubate multiple layers of eggs you will need some sort of fan to circulate the air. Most fans put out heat from the motor when they are on- a computer fan puts out very little and is the best choice I've found.

If you are building a styrophome cooler incubator- personally I'd just buy a little giant or havobator incubator. They are relatively inexpensive and available from tractor supply or about any farm/garden co-op probably all around the world or online... Even though I have several larger home-made incubators I still use a havobator or two for eggs that need a specific temperature regime and where I don't have lots of parents so I don't need a big incubator.

U can use flexwatt heat tape,any t-stat and old cooler,mini fridge etc. you can get Flexwatt at incubatorwarehouse cheep. I built mine with a mini fridge

U can use flexwatt heat tape,any t-stat and old cooler,mini fridge etc. you can get Flexwatt at incubatorwarehouse cheep. I built mine with a mini fridge

What width flex tape did you use? I'm in the process of building an incubator to put bugs in as I can't seem to find a spot with suitable temp for them.

Back
Top Bottom