Holding back eggs

Joseph 1233

My cham is about 1 1/2 yrs old and on her second clutch the first time I thought she was going to lay but didn' notice any signs besides her size and then one day digging and she laid in her plant no problem even tho she had sand this time i put a bin thats' about 20 by 20 with 12 inch peat and sand and she keeps circling around the bottom avoiding her plant and the laying bin I provided.

I bought a 65 litre garbage can filled it about 16 inch peat and sand mix dug two holes and will try putting her in that today after she basks for a bit or soon as she starts showing signs of wanting to lay

Please fill this out. What your asking is very unclear?

Chameleon Info:
  • Your Chameleon - The species, sex, and age of your chameleon. How long has it been in your care?
  • Handling - How often do you handle your chameleon?
  • Feeding - What are you feeding your cham? What amount? What is the schedule? How are you gut-loading your feeders?
  • Supplements - What brand and type of calcium and vitamin products are you dusting your feeders with and what is the schedule?
  • Watering - What kind of watering technique do you use? How often and how long to you mist? Do you see your chameleon drinking?
  • Fecal Description - Briefly note colors and consistency from recent droppings. Has this chameleon ever been tested for parasites?
  • History - Any previous information about your cham that might be useful to others when trying to help you.

Cage Info:
  • Cage Type - Describe your cage (Glass, Screen, Combo?) What are the dimensions?
  • Lighting - What brand, model, and types of lighting are you using? What is your daily lighting schedule?
  • Temperature - What temp range have you created (cage floor to basking spot)? Lowest overnight temp? How do you measure these temps?
  • Humidity - What are your humidity levels? How are you creating and maintaining these levels? What do you use to measure humidity?
  • Plants - Are you using live plants? If so, what kind?
  • Placement - Where is your cage located? Is it near any fans, air vents, or high traffic areas? At what height is the top of the cage relative to your room floor?
  • Location - Where are you geographically located?

Current Problem - The current problem you are concerned about.

Pictures are helpful

Please fill this out. What your asking is very unclear?

Chameleon Info:
  • Your Chameleon - The species, sex, and age of your chameleon. How long has it been in your care?
  • Handling - How often do you handle your chameleon?
  • Feeding - What are you feeding your cham? What amount? What is the schedule? How are you gut-loading your feeders?
  • Supplements - What brand and type of calcium and vitamin products are you dusting your feeders with and what is the schedule?
  • Watering - What kind of watering technique do you use? How often and how long to you mist? Do you see your chameleon drinking?
  • Fecal Description - Briefly note colors and consistency from recent droppings. Has this chameleon ever been tested for parasites?
  • History - Any previous information about your cham that might be useful to others when trying to help you.

Cage Info:
  • Cage Type - Describe your cage (Glass, Screen, Combo?) What are the dimensions?
  • Lighting - What brand, model, and types of lighting are you using? What is your daily lighting schedule?
  • Temperature - What temp range have you created (cage floor to basking spot)? Lowest overnight temp? How do you measure these temps?
  • Humidity - What are your humidity levels? How are you creating and maintaining these levels? What do you use to measure humidity?
  • Plants - Are you using live plants? If so, what kind?
  • Placement - Where is your cage located? Is it near any fans, air vents, or high traffic areas? At what height is the top of the cage relative to your room floor?
  • Location - Where are you geographically located?

Current Problem - The current problem you are concerned about.

Pictures are helpful
I was wondering if it' normal to display signs of being ready to lay eggs for a few days before laying and she Is digging now so I'm thinking I'll be fine thanks

Yeah but this time she pacing her cage and avoiding the plant and the laying bin
She's telling you she doesn't like what you have provided for her. Tru to offer her some options, and make sure you give her plenty of privacy. Her walking around the bottom of the cage is her trying to escape to go find a better place to lay. But if this goes on for too long, she will become egg bound.

Did she lay the eggs??
Yes she did that same night that' she started digging i moved her to so bigger lay bin and Dug some holes then she dug untill almost lights out and covered them in up put her on a branch and she has bin fine it seems it didn' take as much out of her this time.

Feed her well for a couple of days. Don't cut her back so she's starving and staying thin...you want her to be healthy. The temperature I only lower a couple of degrees ....just to slow the metabolism a little so she won't be so hungry. Good luck with her!

Back
Top Bottom