Holdback Decisions... Help!

Randers88

Established Member
I've got three amazing boys that are holdbacks from a very special pairing to us and I'm struggling to decide which we want to keep for future breeding. We were planning on holding onto them for another month to see which we like the best but at this stage, all three are already so awesome!
I've included the lineage below as well.
Zeppy x Melissa HB1-2.jpg

Zeppy x Melissa HB2-2.jpg

Zeppy x Melissa HB3-5.jpg

zeppers.jpg
1619203755759.png

What are you trying to go for with your breeding?

If more red, I’d sell the last one. It also seems to be smaller than the others, so if we’re talking about breeding that could be something to take into account too (assuming they all hatched around the same time).

still on the red topic- the middle one shows the most red.

Very hard to decide which to keep, but it all boils down to what traits you’re aiming for

What are you trying to go for with your breeding?

If more red, I’d sell the last one. It also seems to be smaller than the others, so if we’re talking about breeding that could be something to take into account too (assuming they all hatched around the same time).

still on the red topic- the middle one shows the most red.

Very hard to decide which to keep, but it all boils down to what traits you’re aiming for
I'm leaning towards the middle one more but I love the first boy too. He's already got a yellow belly at rest and I see some crazy potential in the both of them.

Personally I’d keep all 3 if possible, cause that’s how we chameleon keepers are, but the third one is my personal favourite.

I would definitely keep #3 I’m digging the color. I agree that it really depends on what you are going for in your breeding program. All 3 are 😍

OMG I LOVE THIS GAME.... ummmmmmm

Personally I love the 3rd one but I like his black bars... I suppose you want to encourage the yellow baring though huh. So I would say the first one for that. I like how bright his white line is too.
The black baring will transition to blues eventually! I want all of them, and we have the space but having so many males from the same line will limit me.

The black baring will transition to blues eventually! I want all of them, and we have the space but having so many males from the same line will limit me.
So pick two then... Lol better then 3. I am sure most breeders hold back more then 1 for potential breeders.

To those who may be interested, I just received boy #3 yesterday, and would not hesitate to get another if I had the space. He was exploring his new home and even actively hunting and eating within minutes of being introduced into his new home. @Randers88 has done a fantastic job raising these little boys and they show it in their health and color! Whoever gets him will NOT be disappointed.

Back
Top Bottom