Hibiscus plant care

Hyperpower

i just water it a lot but it still seems to be dying...could it be because of the lack of sun light? I thought the uvb good enough.

The Hibiscus is not a good plant for the cage. You could buy a couple more and try rotating them from outside to in the cage one a week or go with a different plant. I really like the Pothos it seems to hold the water for a long time and also does quite well inside. The Ficus and Schefflera also do great indoors.

The Hibiscus is not a good plant for the cage. You could buy a couple more and try rotating them from outside to in the cage one a week or go with a different plant. I really like the Pothos it seems to hold the water for a long time and also does quite well inside. The Ficus and Schefflera also do great indoors.

Actually, if you do this^
It will stress the hibiscus even more and die faster. Hibiscus are very beautiful but extremely sensitive to changing conditions. I agree that pothos and ficus are superior chameleon habitat plants.

I have two hibiscus in Rebels enclosure and they are doing great. I have a 6500K CPF light on top and the cage is front of a window that gets morning sun. I have to say that they have not bloomed but it may be because Rebel loves to munch on them. I have seen him eat the leaves but I am not sure he has eaten the flower buds. I live in an interior apartment building and have no outdoor space to put my plants. When I re potted the hibiscus I made sure to drill a lot of tiny holes in the bottom of the pots so that they would drain well..:D

My hibiscus outside is doing terribly. The more love I give it, the faster it seems to be dying. I give up! I'm going back

OMG WOLVERINE MOVIE PREVIEW!!!!!

Sorry about that. Anyway, I'm going back to plants that thrive on neglect like my exploding pothos.

theyre not really hard to keep indoors like CHAMELEOPATRICK said, they are sensitive and stress easilly. hibiscus is also a tropical plant..i got 2 from lowes and i have one in my cage and one outside...im in neww mexico and its hot!!t.. plenty of sun.. but its super dry and water evaporates quick..the one in my cage is doing fine under some good direct lighting the one outside is doing ok but its not as bright and full as the one in the cage but i dont have it in a full sun all day area either or it would probably just burn...pothos can die quickly too.. you can cut a vine off and stick it in water and itll grow but if you take it out and repot it it probably wont make it or if you move it around alot it probably wont make it....just my 2 cents

theyre not really hard to keep indoors like CHAMELEOPATRICK said

Please show me where I said they were really hard to keep indoors.

If you are going to say I said something that I didn't say. I'm going to call you on it.

Clearly from your recent posts, you seem to have very little experience. Just my .02

I have 2 twisted hibiscus inside. They were about 2.5 ft when I got them about 4 months ago. Now they are well over 3 ft with nice green, thick leaves and have bloomed numerous times each.

Since I mist the enclosures, I hardly add direct water to them and only do that about twice a week, sometimes only once. You CAN over water. My pots are big enough and have drainage in the bottoms so the roots don't rot.

I also have a 10.0 reptisun (large/tall enclosure) and a 6500k grow light on them.

For winter, you need to bring it inside if you brought it outside.

Back
Top Bottom