Hibiscus and Pothos

Chameleon crazy

How long should it be before I put them in my cham. screen cage? I swished each one around really good in warm suddzy water, and rinsed them off. Then I replanted them in plain potting soil with peat and perlite. It's been one day so far, and I've been spraying them twice daily and leaving them in the sun

You should probably remove the perlite from the soil or at the very least cover the plant with a layer of perlite free soil before putting them in the cage. I have seen chameleons (especially babies and veileds) shoot at and eat perlite which I am sure is not at all good for them and could eventually lead to impaction.

You should probably remove the perlite from the soil or at the very least cover the plant with a layer of perlite free soil before putting them in the cage. I have seen chameleons (especially babies and veileds) shoot at and eat perlite which I am sure is not at all good for them and could eventually lead to impaction.

I was planning on putting a pot cover on the pot, with just the plant sticking out. So in that way she can't get to the dirt.:)

Back
Top Bottom