Hi!

Kitty

Hello, my name is Dena. I'm a chameleon owner a few days shy of 4 months. I received chameleon in the beginning of December as an early Christmas gift. Needless to say, I was excited, but unknowledgeable. My chameleon is quite the handful, as any other chameleon. Unfortunately, she recently has stopped eating and for awhile stopped drinking. So I have come here to see if I can get answers as to what may be happening to her and why. :(

What type of lights, and enclosure do you have? how do you water her?? if you go to the health clinic forum there is a thing you can copy and paste then fill out. It will give evryone ALOT more info to work with!!! That way we can possibly tell you whats going on!! Not so much me but others on the forum!! Ive only had mine for a little over a week!! Oh and being a girl she could be gravid( needs to lay eggs) so she might need something to dig in and burry her clutch.,...........i personally know nothing about this, BUT lots of other people do!

The age of my chameleon is unknown, she is 7" long. And I know adult Jackson's chameleons get about 9-13" is length. I did think she was gravid for awhile around the beginning of January-February. When they bought her she was in a cage with a male and another female. She would run around in circles around the top of her cage. Not even stopping to eat sometimes. She is incredibly skinny and dehydrated at the moment. I know the lighting system that was bought with her had both UVA and UVB rays that emit from it. The temperature of her enclosure at the moment is staying around 73-75º (out of the basking area). She is the only chameleon I have. And she stays out of a high traffic area. I mist her regularly (at the moment around every 30 minutes due to dehydration). She also has a waterfall unit.

Here is a thread I posted in the Health Clinic:

https://www.chameleonforums.com/skin-necrosis-23140/

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom