Hi, this is Rex!

prettykttkat

Established Member
Hi everybody! I signed up here a few days ago because I saw a lovely pair of Oustalet's chams on here and I hope to get them. I have decided to start a breeding project with the male Oustalet's cham (Rex) I already have as he is quite a beautiful cham with a matching personality:) As soon as I am able I will be posting about him in the appropriate section on here. For some reason the forum won't let me yet:(

I work for a reptile rescue and believe it or not Rex is a rescue that was found in a tree at 9,500 ft here in Colorado by some hikers. He had a burn on his casque covered with wax and a band around his neck where he was probably tied to a tree and managed to break loose. He also had problems with tongue projection. He must not have been out in the wild there very long because he wasn't in too bad of a condition. If he was he would have died because the humidity here is around 20% and where he was, it gets very cold at night. Thank goodness someone found him in time! Since I've had him and took him to the vet, got the proper medications and skin ointment(for the burn) he has been thriving.

This is Rex
prettykttkat-albums-oustalet-s-chameleon-picture2071-rex.jpg

prettykttkat-albums-oustalet-s-chameleon-picture2072-rex.jpg

prettykttkat-albums-oustalet-s-chameleon-picture2073-rex.jpg

prettykttkat-albums-oustalet-s-chameleon-picture2074-rex.jpg

prettykttkat-albums-oustalet-s-chameleon-picture2075-rex.jpg

prettykttkat-albums-oustalet-s-chameleon-picture2076-rex.jpg

prettykttkat-albums-oustalet-s-chameleon-picture2077-rex.jpg

prettykttkat-albums-oustalet-s-chameleon-picture2078-rex.jpg

prettykttkat-albums-oustalet-s-chameleon-picture2079-rex.jpg

prettykttkat-albums-oustalet-s-chameleon-picture2080-rex.jpg

prettykttkat-albums-oustalet-s-chameleon-picture2081-rex.jpg

Hope you guys enjoy the pics:)

Wow! Sounds like you saved this little guys life. He's a beautiful boy. He's very lucky to have such a good new owner. Welcome to the forums as well.

-Andrea

Glad you joined the forum here! Definitely post about what that person said about the locales-it would be of major interest here! :)

Rex sure is lucky to have u!! welcome to the forums!!:D

U need to post pics of Emerald and Jade........I've posted some of my Ackies and I know theres several people on here that have a general interest in monitors........

Hello!!!!!

Glad you decided to put the pics up for everyone to see. What a beauty:D This reminds me I need to check my email;)

Fearaffect you are hilarious! Your on my cool list too:) Transformers rock! I think some of the chameleon lovers would like my green tree monitors too, they have prehensile tails!

Julirs I will see if I can post that info on the furcifer section but if I can't I'll come back and post it here:)

Colorcham Rex is HUGE! He weighs a pound exactly! When I got the call from the rescue about him they told me it was a Veiled cham. Can you imagine my surprise when I pick him up the next day and see this huge beast?! I was like THAT is NOT a Veiled! I didn't know what he was at first until I looked him up. I had never seen a chameleon this big before. I currently have 3 Veiled chams right now and around 40 herps all together at the moment. Soon to have 2 more thanks to Cainschams!

I'm so excited to get the pair of Oustalet's from him! I think that female will be a great match for Rex!

your cham is wonderful :) i had never seen an oustalet before stumbling upon this thread........! do they all get that large? what is care for them like, humidity wise? like a regular size panther? what about eating? hahahah he must eat veileds for breakfast :p........you're lucky to have him, im a jealous chamelon owner :p

Rex is a pretty boy, any girl would be happy to be friends with him. Keep us posted, and welcome to the forum.

Back
Top Bottom