Hi new here

Marine

Hi all! My name is Marine, I am 32 & happily married to a wonderful man, Travis 35, and I have 2 sons from a previous marriage, Keith 11 & Seth 9. I have several years experience with a variety of reptiles & amphibians. I do reptile rescue & educational shows for local schools/scouts/community events/etc. I am working on getting permits from GA DNR to have native reptiles & to use in my shows, and also rehab too. I have had a chameleon before (unfortunately it didn't make it, apparently it had health issues when I got it). I was wandering around on line and came across this forum, which helped me to find a new chameleon for our reptile family! Thank you Nicodemayo! Our new 5.5 month old male Ambilobe Panther Chameleon is temporarily being housed in a 12" w X 24" l X 26.5" h. My husband will be building him his new permanent home in the next couple of days. I had bought a new ficus & pothos, spent hours working on cleaning & rinsing & re-potting it, to find out that it is way too big for his temp home :eek:, but will be a nice addition to his permanent home which will be in the area of approx 22' w X 34" l X 48" h when finished. Well I just wanted to stop in and say hi! This looks like a great place for anyone that has or is interested in chameleons!

Let me be the first to welcome a fellow Georgian!! You have come to the right place to get all your questions answered and show off your new cham (we love pictures here)!! So post lots of them!!!! Enjoy the addiction!

Last edited:
Thanks everyone! This seems like a great place! Very nice people :0) Also I forgot to mention that I am a member of the Jacksonville Herpetological Society in FL. My current collection of babies:

0.1 8ft Columbian Red-tail Boa Constrictor (Aphrodite)
1.0 2007 Albino Columbian Red-tail Boa Constrictor (Albee)
1.2 Dumeril’s Boa Constrictors (Sausage, Demi, & Bagheera)
1.1.2 2008 Kenyan Sand Boas (Sandy, Sage, Basil, & Clove)
1.0 2005 Ball Python (Neo)
0.0.1 2007 Jayapura Green Tree Python (Jaya)
0.1 2008 ¾ Burmese x ¼ Indian Python double het for albino & granite (Anna)
1.0 2008 Granite Burmese Python het albino (Indie)
0.0.1 2008 Great Basin Gopher Snake (Spot)
0.0.1 2007 Aberrant California King Snake (Abby)
0.0.1 2007 Sinaloan Milk Snake (Coral)
0.0.1 Tangerine Honduran Milk Snake (Bandit)
2.0.3 2007 Crested Geckos
1.3 2006 Bearded Dragons (Pooh bear, Roo, Eeyore, & Piglet)
1.0 Irian Jaya Blue-Tongued Skink (George)
1.1 Mali Uromastyx lizards (Mali-man & Eloise)
0.0.1 2008 Argentine Black & White Tegu (T-Rex)
0.1 Leucistic Leopard Gecko (Hufflepuff)
0.1 Savanna Monitor (Georgia)
1.0 2009 Ambilobe Panther Chameleon (Mellow Yellow)
1.0 Red-eared Pond Slider (Big Red)
1.1 Yellow-bellied Pond Slider (Yellow Eyes)
1.0 Cherry head red-foot tortoise (Rosie)
0.0.1 2006 African Sulcata tortoise (Irwin)
1.0.4 Australian White’s Tree Frogs
1.2 Tiger Salamanders
1.0 Japanese Fire-bellied Newt (Tom-n-Jerry)
1.0.1 Oriental Fire-bellied Toads (Bugs & Daffy)
1.1 Chilean Rose-hair Tarantula (Phoenix, & Firefox)

From your avatar its seem that the ambilobe has tons of color already :eek:, thats awesome. Can you post pictures of your cham and setup please?

Also I forgot to mention that I am a member of the Jacksonville Herpetological Society in FL.

We have one of those??

lol sorry I'm just getting back into this after a 10 yr vacation and honestly haven't even started looking into clubs or groups.

Welcome to the site. Nice to know someone local on here. :cool:

We have one of those??

lol sorry I'm just getting back into this after a 10 yr vacation and honestly haven't even started looking into clubs or groups.

Welcome to the site. Nice to know someone local on here. :cool:

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome!
Well here is the website for information on when the meetings are: http://www.jaxherp.com/ I go when I'm not working, it's at the Museum of Science & History (MOSH) there in Jacksonville FL. Its a little over an hour drive for me, but well worth it! I joined this past November and really enjoy it, there are a lot of nice fellow reptile lovers there :0)

Thanks! I'm going to have to check them out. Don't think I have plans for the Sunday of the next meeting. In fact I should be there.:D

Mellow Yellow & his temp cage set-up

chameleon.jpg

chameleon2.jpg

chameleon3.jpg

chameleon4.jpg

chameleon5.jpg

chameleon6.jpg

chameleon7.jpg

chameleon8.jpg

chameleon9.jpg

chameleon10.jpg

chameleon11.jpg

chameleon12.jpg

chameleon13.jpg

chameleon14.jpg

Thanks! I'm going to have to check them out. Don't think I have plans for the Sunday of the next meeting. In fact I should be there.:D

As long as my work schedule does not get changed, I Will be there! I missed the May meeting. Hope to meet you there :0)

Back
Top Bottom