Hi new Cham is smaller than I anticipated any advice?

Kristen99

Avid Member
I have wanted a chameleon for a long time and recently decided it was time. Before getting my little man I purchased all his equipment I was expecting him to be 4 months old but to me he looks much smaller. I am feeding him crickets but since he is so small I was taking him out of his cage because I was worried he wouldt be able to find any food and put him in a creature carrier with branches and feed him in there. I felt uncomfortable with taking him out of his home to feed him and I was afraid he wasn't eating enough about one a day. So I rigged up his cage smaller to fit his size right now so I can let him eat when he wants to in his home no problems right? Just trying to get some advice? I have takin out some live plants that were at the bottom of his original set up. Also I had the little dripper ( rigged with an aquarium ajust valve to better adjust flow ) dripping onto a fake plant into a live one but seemed to leak and didn't seem to healthy to have a over watered plant in it I will be getting an automatic mister tomorrow but in the mean time I am just misting his home myself 3-4 times a day.

This is my original set up and my little guy. The last is the container I was feeding him in.

Attachments

• IMG_3152.JPG
    IMG_3152.JPG
    389 KB · Views: 121
  • IMG_3156.JPG
    IMG_3156.JPG
    431.9 KB · Views: 103
  • IMG_3145.JPG
    IMG_3145.JPG
    192.9 KB · Views: 100
This is my recreation to ajust to his size and can have crickets in he can find better. Let me know any thoughts ideas suggestions.. please thank you!

Attachments

• IMG_3158.JPG
    IMG_3158.JPG
    377.3 KB · Views: 90
I'm having trouble uploading pics to messages so I'm just going to post them here for reference. Here is my little man fired up. Also I'm trying the feeder cup method thanks daniel226jz! He looks interested!

Attachments

• IMG_3160.PNG
    IMG_3160.PNG
    2.2 MB · Views: 68
  • IMG_3161.JPG
    IMG_3161.JPG
    332 KB · Views: 67
Back
Top Bottom