Hi need advice about my ball python

Boygeorge27

Avid Member
He it's Oscar feeding day (dead mouse) he got the mouse in his mouth constricted round it abit then let go and went back in his cave. We think he might be due to shed could this be why he let go of the mouse thank you

Can you post a pic of your little guy and his enclosure ? The mouse could be to big or it might not be warm enough. I'm going to need more info. How old is your bp, how big is he, how often do you feed, etc.

We feed him twice a week he's about 6months old

Attachments

• received_10213976421182779.jpeg
    received_10213976421182779.jpeg
    171.1 KB · Views: 105
We feed him twice a week he's about 6months old
Ok, he might not be hungry. I go by the rule, feed as much as they want, but no more than once a week. Anymore than once a week would be power feeding, which is what some people do to get a really big bp. Has he ever skipped a meal before? And what about the temps in the tank.

He is fed on medium mice. When we got him we took him to our local reptile dealer who gave him sort of a once over and he said he was under weight and recommend to feed 2 a week if he will and keep an eye on his weight and length which we did

He is fed on medium mice. When we got him we took him to our local reptile dealer who gave him sort of a once over and he said he was under weight and recommend to feed 2 a week if he will and keep an eye on his weight and length which we did
With ball python feeding theres a lot of different opinions, if someone looked him over and recommended 2 mice a week, then definitely stick with that. I would wait another 3-4 days then offer another mouse and see if he takes it, he most likely will. It's worked everytime with my guy.

Ok thank you the man that looked at him said ball pythons can we hard to feed and with their breeding season they can too

Ok thank you the man that looked at him said ball pythons can we hard to feed and with their breeding season they can too
A lot of ball pythons won't eat for months in the winter, but I don't think what's going on here. Make sure the mouse is completely thawed and warm to the touch if your feeding frozen thawed mice, they won't eat it if it's still cold.

Thank you we already have chameleons and red eyed tree frogs and dogs and fish and now Oscar so more to worry about but all so worth it

Back
Top Bottom