Hi,excuse me, sorry to bother you but my 4.75 month old veiled male chameleon weighs 100 grams is this large?

Jack135

Hi,excuse me, sorry to bother you but my 4.75 month old veiled male chameleon weighs 100 grams is this large? He is 6 inches snout to vent legth. Also it is hard to weigh him while he is moving so I place a tray on the scales zero it out and when he is on the tray record the highest reading without touching the scales is this correct?

I never weigh mine unless I have to give them medications...so I have no clue...I'm sure someone else will answer that. If you post a photo though we can see if he looks healthy.

Every chameleon is different. They are waiting for a picture of your chameleon so that they can look at his body parts to see if he show signs of being over weight.

Seriously? No more replies?
A quick search in the forums showed several other keepers of male veileds weight close to if not more than 100 grams at this age. I'm not a professional, and I'm actually quite new, but wanted to help give you a response since you seemed very eager for one. Perhaps just search the question in the forums. There were a lot of threads discussing weight. I didn't have time to go through every response, and there may be better more detailed information for you.

A quick search in the forums showed several other keepers of male veileds weight close to if not more than 100 grams at this age. I'm not a professional, and I'm actually quite new, but wanted to help give you a response since you seemed very eager for one. Perhaps just search the question in the forums. There were a lot of threads discussing weight. I didn't have time to go through every response, and there may be better more detailed information for you.
I searched it and every chameleon seemed way smaller

Weight alone doesnt mean all that much, imho. You have to take into account the animal's frame, as well! My Lily, a female panther, is barely 58g. On some Panthers, that'd be markedly underweight! However, because of Lily's petite figure she's borderline obese and I'm very carefully monitoring her food intake.

So, we'd need pictures to tell you how he looks.

I'd be more concerned with the health/look of your chameleon than its weight. They are like people and all other animals...they vary in size...genes affect size and lots of other things. We're asking for the photo so we can see his overall look and health.

Growing big fast isn't necessarily a good thing either because if they don't get all the nutrients they need they can develop health issue from the fast growth in captivity.

I'd be more concerned with the health/look of your chameleon than its weight. They are like people and all other animals...they vary in size...genes affect size and lots of other things. We're asking for the photo so we can see his overall look and health.

Growing big fast isn't necessarily a good thing either because if they don't get all the nutrients they need they can develop health issue from the fast growth in captivity.
Yeah I’m waiting for hi, to finish shedding

Back
Top Bottom