Hi all .... Small bubbles from side of mouth?

.Scotty.

hi all

many you will know that my beautiful Panther cham died last week.

I have since (yesterday) got a new 'rescue cham' which was handed into a local pet shop by its owner. i was getting food for my tortoise when i saw him and couldnt help but get him as I didnt want him ending up at a total novices house.

He is a male red bar panther, approx 1 year old id say. i took him home and give him a really good misting. he drank a lot of water and then a little later he was starting to bubble drool at the sides of his mouth, like proper clear bubbles.

Is this a sign of a RI or is he simply drank to much?

when Ive checked on him this morning his mouth is open ever so slightly (millimeter) but no drool.

do i see a vet or monitor the situation for now?

thanks
Scott

I would recommend checking into a vet, they can give you antibiotics, I believe its called bariyl or something. I've heard of the bubble from mouth thing not too long ago, also some people have said check for more bubbles if they open their mouth and look down their throat. It's always better safe than sorry (y)

Baytril, upon vet diagnosis. Even better get a fecal at the same time.

There's a pop sound/almost gaspy nouse mine displayed as well when he had an r.i. but there are 2 types that act differently I believe.

I gave him extra showers/even did a humidifier at first, but our issue was a very dry mucousy r.i., no drooling & zero nose bubbles.

Back
Top Bottom