Hey I’m new and need advice

Oh and btw, you may want to keep that calcium with d for a “rainy day” if you ever have a problem getting your UVB bulb or fixture replaced and outdoor sunning isn’t an option in your climate. But for the most part you won’t need to use a calcium with d when you have a multivitamin with d, as long as you have the correct uvb bulb setup. ☺️

Wait I’m a little confused now what should I not be using ? I got a panther chameleon should I not use the purple one ? And thanks hopping to hear from you soon
Yes, you would not use the purple one because it is calcium with D3. And your reptivite is with D3. You would be double dosing the D3 if you do this which is something we do not want since calcium with D3 is fat soluble and takes time to clear from the tissues.

So since your reptivite has D3 it would be used every other week at one feeding day. This will total 2 feedings a month and your reptivite is your multivitamin with vitamin A and calcium with D3. So that is covered with 1 supplement rather then 2. Then at all other feeding days you would use the calcium WITHOUT D3. The green one.

Return the purple one with D3 calcium back to the store. You will not ever use this one with this Reptivite version. THE ONLY time this would be used is if your Reptivite was NO D3 version. Then the schedule Neptune uses would apply.

Yes, you would not use the purple one because it is calcium with D3. And your reptivite is with D3. You would be double dosing the D3 if you do this which is something we do not want since calcium with D3 is fat soluble and takes time to clear from the tissues.

So since your reptivite has D3 it would be used every other week at one feeding day. This will total 2 feedings a month and your reptivite is your multivitamin with vitamin A and calcium with D3. So that is covered with 1 supplement rather then 2. Then at all other feeding days you would use the calcium WITHOUT D3. The green one.

Return the purple one with D3 calcium back to the store. You will not ever use this one with this Reptivite version. THE ONLY time this would be used is if your Reptivite was NO D3 version. Then the schedule Neptune uses would apply.
Thank youuuuu

Oh and btw, you may want to keep that calcium with d for a “rainy day” if you ever have a problem getting your UVB bulb or fixture replaced and outdoor sunning isn’t an option in your climate. But for the most part you won’t need to use a calcium with d when you have a multivitamin with d, as long as you have the correct uvb bulb setup. ☺️
You still do not want to over supplement with D3... This leads to D3 toxicity. Since they have the multivitamin with D3. There is no reason to ever supplement with the calcium with D3. Even if the UVB went out for a week they would not add calcium with D3.

You still do not want to over supplement with D3... This leads to D3 toxicity. Since they have the multivitamin with D3. There is no reason to ever supplement with the calcium with D3. Even if the UVB went out for a week they would not add calcium with D3.
Yes that’s right. I only meant in severe cases like 3weeks+ when things like weather or store unavailability stretch these times out, but yes for the most part you will not need to use calcium with d3 when the multivitamin has d. ☺️

Yes that’s right. I only meant in severe cases like 3weeks+ when things like weather or store unavailability stretch these times out, but yes for the most part you will not need to use calcium with d3 when the multivitamin has d. ☺️
Just make sure your including specifics... Otherwise people read threads and think the advice would apply to them too. It can create really bad situations for others when we are not specific in our feedback. Even in a case like your mentioning of 3+ weeks without UVB we would not typically suggest adding in D3 we would recommend another UVB light source. D3 is just too tricky knowing the line of what is too little and what is too much. If D3 toxicity occurs you can not just flush it out of the system with water due to it storing in the body. Adding in 1 or 2 doses may very well be fine for a Panther or a Veiled but in others it could cause quite a bit of harm.

Just make sure your including specifics... Otherwise people read threads and think the advice would apply to them too. It can create really bad situations for others when we are not specific in our feedback. Even in a case like your mentioning of 3+ weeks without UVB we would not typically suggest adding in D3 we would recommend another UVB light source. D3 is just too tricky knowing the line of what is too little and what is too much. If D3 toxicity occurs you can not just flush it out of the system with water due to it storing in the body. Adding in 1 or 2 doses may very well be fine for a Panther or a Veiled but in others it could cause quite a bit of harm.
That’s true. My thoughts were on the possibility of some people going thru the severe weather we have rn and not being able to go to the stores or getting their shipments, with many people suffering power and water shortages. I would definitely agree with getting another UVB if that is possible. But Beman is the expert on these things so I would follow her recommendations. And be sure to have very light dustings. Not powdered donut looking. The fat soluble vitamins will not flush out with water and will be dangerous if oversupplemented. ☺️

Last edited:
I recently went to a store that sold fake vase vines. Among these, I saw some beautiful deadwood. I wondered if this is ok to use because it's manufactured and has never been outside.

I recently went to a store that sold fake vase vines. Among these, I saw some beautiful deadwood. I wondered if this is ok to use because it's manufactured and has never been outside.
Depends on if they treat it with anything. I have bought the long willow pieces from the hobby lobby. Wish I had not though. They ended up discoloring within the first few weeks from the water and then started to mold where the branches connected. Your better off getting branches from like a local landscaper after they do a job. Then most of the time they can tell you what type they are. You just do not want anything like cedar, pine, etc. You want non sap producing trees.

Back
Top Bottom